1. Beautiful weather. It sure was making it hard to stay inside and work the past couple of days. Today is starting off gray and cooler, so that will make work a bit easier.
2. We saw a fox!!!! This is a terrible picture of her, but I had the dogs so didn’t want to get any closer, especially since she’s standing right next to her den. This is very exciting news because some kind of disease wiped out our fox population and there haven’t been any for about four years.
We used to see babies every spring and it was one of my favorite things, so I’m really glad to see them coming back. Here’s a few of the babies from one of the last litters four years ago.
3. Sam and Ringo. Sam had a rough start to the week. We found a tick on him, which led to a vet visit and new drugs and anxiety for the humans. But, Sam did so good letting us take it off of him, letting the vet look him over, getting the bite site cleaned and taking medicine twice a day, and fingers crossed he seems to be doing okay. Ringo and I have been having a really great time in our Nose Work class. This time it’s “vehicles and containers,” and last week he amazed me by finding the hides so fast and waiting in the back of the car so patiently for his turn.
4. Eric. For kitchen counter love notes, cooking us food, taking my car to get the oil changed, washing and vacuuming my car, helping me stay calm even when he’s freaking out too, laughing with me.
5. Being able to maintain my sanity and my health. I’m so glad that with so much going on, I’ve been able to keep it together. I certainly don’t do this all by myself, have a ton of help and privilege.
Bonus joy: crispy Gala apples with peanut butter, good books, podcasts, everything turning green and blooming, being able to sit outside in the sun without getting too hot, this weird show Eric discovered on Netflix which makes me so happy (Samurai Gourmet), good people in good classes with me who are willing to show up and learn and practice, flowers in the bathroom, how brilliantly yellow the daffodils in my flowerbed are, clean water, getting all the laundry done, the internet, computer glasses.