1. April Love 2017, a fun set of prompts from Susannah Conway.
2. The Surprising Reason This Woman Regrets Her Weight Loss.
3. This little pup wants to take his horse for a walk.
4. My Brother Patrick’s Dying Wish. “What he asked of family and health care providers in his final weeks.”
5. What’s with the “X” in Latinx?
6. Pixar-esque Short Shows How Society Saps Your Creativity. A sweet, sad reminder of what’s really important. In related news, Employee burnout is becoming a huge problem in the American workforce.
7. 11 Books By Latinas Every Feminist Should Add To Their Collection.
8. Photographer visits Native American tribe in early 1900s, captures stunning photos.
9. Saturday Poem: ‘Lines Where Something Was Supposed to Be’ from one of my favorites, Jeff Oak.
10. Trans 101. “Welcome to Trans 101, our brand new series on Gender Diversity!”
11. Mayor de Blasio vows to close Rikers Island: ‘It will happen.’
12. AKR Yellow Umbrella Foundation, “a non-profit organization providing funding for ovarian cancer research as well as child literacy, causes important to Amy Krouse Rosenthal.”
13. This mosque in Colorado was vandalized. What happened next will warm your heart. BTW: This is the city where I live.
14. America has never seen a party less caring than 21st-century Republicans. Which says,
I don’t know that America has ever seen a political party so divested of care. Since Trump took office, Republicans have proposed legislation to destroy unions, the healthcare system, the education system and the Environmental Protection Agency; to defund the reproductive health charity Planned Parenthood and restrict abortion; to stifle public protest and decimate arts funding; to increase the risk of violence against trans people and roll back anti-discrimination laws; and to funnel more and more wealth from the poorest to the richest. Every executive order and piece of GOP legislation is destructive, aimed at dismantling something else, never creating anything new, never in the service of improving the care of the nation.
15. I am an Arctic researcher. Donald Trump is deleting my citations. “These politically motivated data deletions come at a time when the Arctic is warming twice as fast as the global average.”
16. Campaign Zero creators launch tool to show you how to fight Trump’s agenda in your state.
17. This Inspirational Quote Changed The Life Of Tracee Ellis Ross.
18. “My cat definitely thinks it’s a dog.”
19. 9 Great Documentaries About Women Activists.
20. A medical fund for Isabel Faith Abbott.
21. Make Art & Resist.
22. Wisdom from bpdgorl on tumblr, “being emotionally abused has made me incredibly defensive towards being told what to do, but at the same time has made it hard for me to do things without someone telling me that it’s ok to do out if fear of doing something wrong and getting in trouble.” Word.
23. Storybowl How-To Kit from Andrea Scher at Superhero Life. I’ve done this practice with Andrea before (so powerful and fun), purchased a kit to host one of my own.
24. Brave Little Fish Swims Into New Waters, a great post from one of my favorite teachers, Laurie Wagner.
25. To The Racist Guy Who Picked Up My Pencil During Class. “Being polite does not excuse your racism.”
26. Nike Backlash Proves It’s Not About Fat People’s Health.
27. How the Republicans Sold Your Privacy to Internet Providers.
28. there’s no glory in overworking, “it’s just imminent burnout.”
29. Aimee Mann Finds ‘Mental’ Health Returning to a Quieter Solo Career.
30. You don’t need permission. But if you insist, here it is… from Austin Kleon.
31. Episode 76: Thriving Out Loud. From Edit Your Life, “A podcast to help you edit the unnecessary from your life so you have more room to enjoy the awesome.” A great interview with Karen Walrond.
32. The Winners Of 2017’s Sony World Photography Contest.
33. Two new videos from Danielle Ate the Sandwich.
34. Austin puppy training to be first therapy funeral dog in Texas.
35. Dani Shapiro: On Life, Marriage and Creative Expression an interview from Good Life Project.
36. The thorn in my side: I tried to let go of my poisonous grudge against another writer, an excerpt from Anne Lamott’s new book.
37. These 15 Political Power Players in Media Are Keeping It Real in the Age of Fake News.
38. Whites Only: SURJ and the Caucasian Invasion of Racial Justice Spaces.
39. Trump Declares “National Sexual Assault Awareness and Prevention Month.” “The president has been accused of assaulting more than 15 women.” In related news, Why Trump lies.
40. No License Plates Here: Using Art to Transcend Prison Walls.
Thank you for these weekly lists. You put so much heart into them. And we reap the benefits! 💥💓💥
You are so welcome. ❤
My favorite from your list this week is #31 podcast. I also listened to Edit Your Life: Episode 56. The liked the message of actively going with the flow with in the interview portion. Thanks for your research and sharing something good. 🤓
Oops I liked the message…