1. April Love 2017, a fun set of prompts from Susannah Conway.
4. My Brother Patrick’s Dying Wish. “What he asked of family and health care providers in his final weeks.”
6. Pixar-esque Short Shows How Society Saps Your Creativity. A sweet, sad reminder of what’s really important. In related news, Employee burnout is becoming a huge problem in the American workforce.
9. Saturday Poem: ‘Lines Where Something Was Supposed to Be’ from one of my favorites, Jeff Oak.
10. Trans 101. “Welcome to Trans 101, our brand new series on Gender Diversity!”
12. AKR Yellow Umbrella Foundation, “a non-profit organization providing funding for ovarian cancer research as well as child literacy, causes important to Amy Krouse Rosenthal.”
13. This mosque in Colorado was vandalized. What happened next will warm your heart. BTW: This is the city where I live.
I don’t know that America has ever seen a political party so divested of care. Since Trump took office, Republicans have proposed legislation to destroy unions, the healthcare system, the education system and the Environmental Protection Agency; to defund the reproductive health charity Planned Parenthood and restrict abortion; to stifle public protest and decimate arts funding; to increase the risk of violence against trans people and roll back anti-discrimination laws; and to funnel more and more wealth from the poorest to the richest. Every executive order and piece of GOP legislation is destructive, aimed at dismantling something else, never creating anything new, never in the service of improving the care of the nation.
15. I am an Arctic researcher. Donald Trump is deleting my citations. “These politically motivated data deletions come at a time when the Arctic is warming twice as fast as the global average.”
21. Make Art & Resist.
22. Wisdom from bpdgorl on tumblr, “being emotionally abused has made me incredibly defensive towards being told what to do, but at the same time has made it hard for me to do things without someone telling me that it’s ok to do out if fear of doing something wrong and getting in trouble.” Word.
23. Storybowl How-To Kit from Andrea Scher at Superhero Life. I’ve done this practice with Andrea before (so powerful and fun), purchased a kit to host one of my own.
24. Brave Little Fish Swims Into New Waters, a great post from one of my favorite teachers, Laurie Wagner.
25. To The Racist Guy Who Picked Up My Pencil During Class. “Being polite does not excuse your racism.”
28. there’s no glory in overworking, “it’s just imminent burnout.”
30. You don’t need permission. But if you insist, here it is… from Austin Kleon.
31. Episode 76: Thriving Out Loud. From Edit Your Life, “A podcast to help you edit the unnecessary from your life so you have more room to enjoy the awesome.” A great interview with Karen Walrond.
33. Two new videos from Danielle Ate the Sandwich.
35. Dani Shapiro: On Life, Marriage and Creative Expression an interview from Good Life Project.
36. The thorn in my side: I tried to let go of my poisonous grudge against another writer, an excerpt from Anne Lamott’s new book.
39. Trump Declares “National Sexual Assault Awareness and Prevention Month.” “The president has been accused of assaulting more than 15 women.” In related news, Why Trump lies.