1. Kitchen counter love notes. Flowers in the bathroom too.
2. Good people, specifically the ones who are good at what they do, are kind and funny and smart, and are doing so much good work to keep me well.
3. Morning walks with the dogs. I’m back to three, five mile morning walks a week, two of them solo with just me and the dogs. It’s a great boon to my mental health as well a marker of my physical wellbeing. When I was looking at pictures this week, I was noticing how there are certain places that are my favorite for stopping to take a picture, how similar but also different they look depending on the light.
4. Ringo and Sam. We really are in a sweet spot with them right now, that wonderful place where no one is a baby and no one is dying, where both are healthy and happy. They still drive me crazy sometimes, but mostly they comfort me and make me laugh and keep me company.
5. Good food. Korean Sweet Potato Falafel Tacos from The Blind Pig, and a big salad with roasted vegetables and miso ginger dressing.
6. Eric. None of the rest would matter without this one.
Bonus joy: clean sheets, my “new” car (I’ve had it for more than a year now, but it still feels new), good meetings at work (even though they mean more work for me), having enough money, good health insurance, clean water, roasted sweet potatoes, a refrigerator and freezer, a washer and dryer, the internet, good TV, good books, feeling like I know what I’m doing and being okay with it when I don’t.