1. Flowers in the bathroom.
2. Good friends. And the technology that allows me to stay connected to them even when they are far away or we are on different schedules.
3. Practice. Yoga, meditation, writing, and dog. They all work together to keep me sane.
4. Snow. I could have done without the super cold temperatures we’ve had, but I do love the snow. I was especially happy to see the trees along the trail decorated again this year, some one else’s lovebomb.
5. Eric. He’s so good to me, does so much good stuff, takes such good care of me. For example, for the past three mornings when it’s been too cold for the dogs to walk (because if they walk, the snow gets clumped up in their feet and their feet get too cold), Eric’s taken them running.
6. Sam and Ringo. They make me laugh, and cheer me up when I don’t feel like laughing. And, they make sure I never have to bathe alone.
Bonus joy: clementines, Solange’s new album A Seat at the Table, people who are working so hard and make it so easy for me to help, Fridays, the weekend, clean sheets, a house that smells like cookies, ibuprofen, good podcasts, the Voxer app, snow tires, gortex shoes, a warm coat, tape, sleep, flannel pajama pants so worn and soft they are almost falling apart.