1. Christmas. It was quiet and sweet this year, just the way I like it. On Christmas morning, Eric walked the dogs while I slept in and when they got back, we opened presents. Then we were hungry so we made pancakes for breakfast. I showered, but as soon as I finished, I put my pajamas right back on and cuddled up on the couch, read and watched some TV. Later we all took a nap. After that, we cooked and ate a Christmas dinner, nothing too fancy. It was a very relaxing day. I’m still so in love with our tree, but Eric warned me the other day that it had stopped drinking water, so we won’t have it too much longer.
2. Bonus Christmas. People try so hard to ship things so they’ll get here for Christmas day, but what they don’t realize is that late packages are one of my favorite things. Just when you think it’s all over, another bonus Christmas arrives.
3. Morning walks with Eric and the dogs. This is a special time of year because Eric and I both have some time off work, so get to take long walks together in the morning, one of my favorite things.
4. My tiny family. As much as I might miss the rest of my larger family this time of year, I’m pretty happy being alone with these three dudes.
5. Ringo Blue and Sweet Sam. Today is the anniversary of the day we met Ringo for the first time, three years ago. He wasn’t promised to us yet, but I knew he was our boy. I’m still so happy about how well Sam’s visit to the vet went, that he’s totally healthy and he was so well behaved while there.
Bonus joy: apple pie oatmeal, dark chocolate covered graham cracker’s from The Vermont Country Store, clementines, pot pie, roasted sweet potatoes, Skyping with a kindred, Christmas Eve with good friends, taking care of some things that had lingered on my to-do list, napping, good TV, really relaxing and resting, clean laundry, soaking in a warm bath, my computer glasses, being able to pay all my bills, time home alone with no agenda.