3. “My three-and-a-half-year-old son likes to play trucks. He likes to do jigsaw puzzles. He likes to eat plums. And he likes to wear sparkly tutus.” Everything about this.
5. He’s known simply as Mr. Happy, and he’s been delighting morning commuters for 30 years.
10. Grace VanderWaal blows the judges (and us!) away with another original song on “America’s Got Talent.” I shared this on Facebook this caption: “Dear Fame, please, please, please don’t ruin her. She’s a beautiful thing.”
13. This 9-year-old distributes handmade toiletry bags for homeless women in L.A with her charity Khloe Kares. #BlackGirlMagic In related news, Compassion you can hold on to: Khloe makes bags for homeless women in her neighborhood and fills them with supplies.
15. ZenPen E-Course. This latest installment is going to be so great, because “To celebrate the release of my book and card deck Body Cards: Insight from the Body, Wisdom for the Soul, I will be offering ZenPen for FREE this autumn! I’ve also recently re-vamped ZenPen to include wisdom from Body Cards, so you’ll be able to get to know many of the cards in this month-long experience.”
16. David Becker charged with sexually assaulting 2 women, only gets 2 years’ probation. The tagline for this link came up as “this is a problematic trend.” Ya think?!
Trump should never be president, but not because he may or may not have a mental disorder. He shouldn’t be president because he disparages women, denigrates Mexicans and Muslims and mocks the disabled. He shouldn’t be president because he demonizes the media and impugns those who challenge him. He shouldn’t be president because he insinuates that his rivals might be assassinated and advocates the commission of war crimes. He shouldn’t be president because he rejects science and demonstrates a remarkable lack of knowledge or interest when it comes to foreign and domestic policy.
18. What the media gets wrong about Donald Trump’s voters. *Spoiler alert: Trump supporters shared fundamental confusion? Fear of other.
19. The Only Way To Respond When Someone Says They Support Trump. “What black people need is dismantling of white supremacy in all of its forms.” I’d go further and say this is what America needs. In related news, What we can all do to be better Americans.
20. Police pull their guns on a 5th grader. This makes me so angry I want to throw up. This poor kid! I keep thinking about where I was, what I had to worry about in the fifth grade. This can’t keep happening. We have to do better. I want to do better.
21. The Art of Humility from Jena Schwartz.
22. Writing Is Work, And It’s Art, Except When It’s Not. In related news, and also from Chuck Wendig, Longevity, Patience, And Shittin’ Pants.
23. Knowing What’s Best vs Doing What’s Best. “Make the appointment. Ask the question. Do the things you would do for the people you love, you are every bit as deserving of care as they are. You might be surprised by just how much your family wants to and is able to do for you.”
24. where should we start? a beautifully written piece about depression and addiction.
25. What Makes a Good Life: Revelatory Learnings from Harvard’s 75-Year Study of Human Happiness. *Spoiler alert: “The clearest message that we get from this 75-year study is this: Good relationships keep us happier and healthier.”
27. Everything Is Awful and I’m Not Okay: questions to ask before giving up. I’ve shared this, probably more than once, but it’s worth another reminder.
30. Why Katy Perry Made Me Cry from Jamie Greenwood. “We are burdened by pieces of ourselves that make no sense.”
31. Are you hanging by a thread? from Danielle LaPorte.
32. What Are the Three Kinds of Suffering? from Lion’s Roar.