1. Resilience Is About How You Recharge, Not How You Endure. Who cares about work or productivity, this is an important distinction for your life.
2. These Eerie Photos Show The Ghosts Of Olympics Past. “When the medals have all been won and the people leave, aging Olympics villages become otherworldly.”
3. Pioneers of Television: Robin Williams Remembered. You can watch the full episode online for free.
4. Kohl’s and Mudd – stop stealing the work of independent artists. Sign the petition. In related news, Copyright infringement by KOHL’S.
6. Aug. 8, 1971: Enchanted Forest Opens. I spent many hours here as a kid, and took my nieces and nephews there, still have such fond memories of it.
7. Martial Arts School Teaches Kids It’s OK to Cry. Good stuff.
8. Recipes I want to try: Cheesy Chicken Quesadilla Pie, and zucchini parmesan crisps (cause we’ve got zucchini coming out of our ears, our garden is crazy with it), and Blooming Potato Bake, and all of these Simple Salad Recipes.
9. Flight attendant adopts stray dog after he waited outside her hotel room every night for four months. I’m such a sucker for these stories where the dog chooses their own human. Here’s a short video about the same, and one more.
10. Wisdom from Pema Chödrön, “There is a teaching that says that behind all hardening and tightening and rigidity of the heart, there’s always fear. But if you touch fear, behind fear there is a soft spot. And if you touch that soft spot, you find the vast blue sky. You find that which is ineffable, ungraspable, and unbiased, that which can support and awaken us at any time.”
11. Seasons from Austin Kleon, about how creativity has seasons.
12. The alchemy of grief from Andrea Scher. I can’t stop thinking about what she shares here that Francis Weller says, that we have “undigested sorrows.”
14. Amy Winehouse: 10 Great Unreleased Songs. When I was in Oregon this summer, my 17 year old niece was listening to “Back to Black” and it made me stupid happy. But also so sad — she was so amazing and she’s gone.
15. eShakti, possibly my new favorite online store. Because this: custom sizing!
17. Love story keeps Rainbow Restaurant running. And, they have the best falafel.
18. Nurture Your Whole Self, “a 4-week program designed to awaken your truest expression of well-being.” This looks really good. Register by August 22nd and receive an extra 30 minutes of coaching FREE!