All you need to do to understand everything about me is to watch this video. It’s absolute heaven: Daniela Andrade’s beautiful voice, the tender sadness that is Christmas, twinkly lights, and the cutest little dog, a mood that is melancholy but also peaceful — everything I love. I was going to save this for my Something Good list tomorrow, but I didn’t want you to miss it.
1. Thanksgiving. I spent the first part of the day cooking and cleaning. I caught up on laundry, paid bills, and even finally organized & decluttered my linen closet. Then we went and had a delicious meal with our friends.
2. A three day weekend. I have a big list of things I’d like to do, but honestly right now all I want is a nap.
3. Eric hiking with the dogs. He’s been doing a lot of that lately. It’s nice because it makes him happy, the dogs love it, and it wears Ringo out.
4. Cooking. I love to cook, wish I had more time to do it, would love to learn and try more things. It doesn’t hurt that I also love to eat.
5. Lingering birthday love. A cup that’s my new favorite, a blanket my niece made for me, a new journal, a love note, orchid blooms that are still fresh.
Bonus Joy: a good night’s sleep, laughing with Eric about the worst movie we’ve ever seen, getting caught up on laundry, pay day, teaching yoga, not having to be anywhere or do anything.