This post is a mashup of The Little Bliss List and Joy Jam, and as such is meant to celebrate: the little things that brought me hope and happiness this week, the sweet stuff of life, those small gifts that brought me joy this week. By sharing them, I not only make public my gratitude, but maybe also help you notice your own good stuff and send some positive energy out into the world.
1. The High Park Fire is 85% contained. And yet there is so much still burning, so much devastation, and so many people with such big, open hearts working so hard.
2. Farmer’s Markets. Strawberries, raspberries, lettuce, marionberry jam (there is a rumor that my cousin is making me a batch to take back to Colorado with me), and fresh maple bars. I had eaten so many berries yesterday, my fingertips were stained red.
3. Local Community Yoga Classes. Donation based, just down the road, four classes offered per week. I went to my first this morning, and it was awesome, (it gave me a little boost to be the model for some of the more advanced poses).
4. Long walks on the beach. 2-4 hours of this, every day, and the weather has been perfect.
5. Magic, hidden places. Eric and I seem to find these a lot, and he said of the one we found yesterday “this is what happens when you wander around.”
6. LeRoy’s Blue Whale pancakes. I was worried that after two years, either my memory of them couldn’t be trusted or they would have changed, but they were every bit as delicious as I remembered. Apparently, they’ve had the same cook there for the past 18 years, and he makes magic pancakes.
Bonus Joy: meeting Julia. Even though I am a terrible first date (more on that later), it was so great, after already “meeting” her heart and thoughts, already knowing and loving her insides, the art and words she makes, to get to finally meet her outside. In person, just as I suspected, she glows.