This post is a mashup of The Little Bliss List and Joy Jam, and as such is meant to celebrate: the little things that brought me hope and happiness this week, the sweet stuff of life, those small gifts that brought me joy this week. By sharing them, I not only make public my gratitude, but maybe also help you notice your own good stuff and send some positive energy out into the world.
1. We’re finally here! After two days, 24 hours in the car driving 1200 miles across five states with lots of stops for walking and taking breaks and going potty, we have made it to “our” house in Waldport, “where the forest meets the sea.” It’s pouring down rain, and rain is forecast for the next few days, but right now, I don’t even care.
2. The dogs did really well on the trip. Dexter still didn’t like being in the car for so long, did some drooling and panting and whining, but better than I remember from our last trip. My favorite thing was as soon as we came in the front door of the house here, it was obvious Dexter remembered, knew exactly where we were (it’s his fourth trip to the beach, his third time staying in this house).
Sam was a little more timid, but I can’t blame him–the last time he was here, he was only six months old. He was so cute at the hotel in Boise last night, could not figure out why their were people walking on the roof (we live in a one story, and we were on the ground floor of the hotel, with some pretty noisy, stompy people in the room above us, something Sam has never experienced). Sam enjoyed the long ride in the car, but we are convinced that he thinks he’s driving.
3. We got here safely. It is however going to take me a few days to settle in and recover from the drive, I feel like I have a baby version of jet lag.
4. Cherry stands. We were too tired on the way in to stop and buy any, but they are in season right now, so we will be eating some Rainiers and Bings.
5. A makeshift stand up desk. Because I’m so short, I was able to set up my laptop at the breakfast bar/kitchen counter to work as a standup desk. I’m so used to having one at home, I was worried about having to sit, but I think this option will be pretty workable.
Okay, beautiful people, I just officially hit a wall and must go sit on the couch and cuddle with my dogs.