1. Morning walks. With Eric on a break from work, he and Ringo have been running in the morning while I sleep in, so I only went on one walk this week, but it meant all three of us got to go together — my favorite kind of morning walk.
2. Snow. It isn’t coming down as fast or heavy as I’d hoped, but it’s happening. We need the moisture so bad.
3. Helpers. In particular health care workers (including mental health) and first responders. They’ve had to hold space for so much suffering in the past few years, work so hard, with no end in sight. May they get the support they need to stay sane and safe.
4. Ringo. If you remember from last week, his new favorite toy was a pair of mittens he found on a walk. He still loves them most, but found another pair of gloves (he’s found THREE full pairs in the last two weeks) and a Santa ball to add to his collection.
5. My tiny family, tiny house, tiny life. Another year together. As hard as it gets, I have this, them, and that’s enough, that’s everything.
Bonus joy: clean sheets, clean laundry, pay day, snow, dear friends, babies and puppies, feeding the neighborhood squirrels from our compost pile (the clementines we didn’t eat fast enough are a big hit today), everything bagels, a crisp gala apple, new calendars, getting in the pool, sitting in the sauna, the hydromassage chair, naps, listening to podcasts, texting with Chloe’ and Mom and Chris, hanging out with Calyx and Carrie, blogging, making art (even the “bad” kind), clearing space, that corner of the couch, good TV, being married to an introvert, watercolors, crayons, ribbons, the “Rosie” playlist on Spotify, how cuddly Ringo is when it’s cold, a warm shower, electricity, a washer and dryer in my house, computer glasses, reading in bed at night while Eric and Ringo sleep.