1. Morning walks. It’s been a bit colder and darker but the sunrise…
2. Photogenic Mr. Ringo Blue. So handsome, so patient.
3. All the helpers. People in the medical profession helping animals and people, first responders, grocery store employees, pharmacists, scientists, trash collectors, teachers, all the various people making sure our spaces are clean and functional, those who come to our homes and fix our stuff, therapists, those who harvest and process and transport our food. That’s a short incomplete list, but my gratitude is without end.
4. Practice. Writing with my Friday morning sangha, sitting in meditation in my practice room, making art with Calyx.
5. My tiny family, my tiny home, my tiny life. To be loved and cared for and kept company and made to laugh like this is all I ever wanted.
Bonus joy: cancelling plans when I don’t feel up to it, green grapes, clean laundry, clean sheets, down blankets and pillows, texting with Chloe’ and Chris and Mom, sharing food that I cooked, getting in the pool, sitting in the sauna, the hydromassage chair, the loaf of bread Dana gave me, my nutritionist, my therapist and the therapy dog at her office, my HappyLight, the birds feeding from the apple tree in our neighbors yard, the squirrel eating pineapple from our compost pile, early morning walkers, taking the side trails just to see where they go, napping, listening to podcasts, reading in bed at night while Ringo and Eric sleep.