1. Morning walks. We had some rain this week and it’s colder and darker, which I like because that means most of the people we had to share our walks with over the summer are either staying in bed later or not coming out at all and it’s back to feeling like we have the whole world to ourselves.
2. Wild Writing with my Friday morning writing sangha. When you do this sort of vulnerable, beautiful practice with people over time, you can’t help but fall in love with them.
3. Making art and hanging out with Calyx. It makes both of us happy.
4. Artists and content creators. This includes musicians, song writers, singers, painters, photographers, quilters, cartoonists, sketch artists, cooks, gardeners, writers, podcasters, comedians, designers, etc. They remind us that even though being human is hard, there’s something really beautiful about it too.
5. My tiny family, my tiny home, my tiny life. I was turning on the front porch light last night, and when I turned around, I caught a fresh glimpse of our living room — so cozy, so comfortable, so cute. I love it here so much, and I love who is here with me.
Bonus joy: plans for tea with Chloe’ and her tiny family, Carrie finally getting to start the renovation on her house, texting with my brother and mom, good neighbors, pumpkins, white chrysanthemums, being cold enough that I need the big blanket, naps on the couch with Ringo, having the laundry almost done, the asian chicken salad I’ve been making, raspberries, a big glass of cold clean water, a warm shower, down pillows and blankets, the nest Ringo makes himself on the couch, getting in the pool, sitting in the sauna, cancelled plans, podcasts, new music, good TV, reading in bed at night while Ringo and Eric sleep.