1. What Can You Do Once You’re Vaccinated? on The New York Times.
2. together on aisle 15 from Karen Maezen Miller. “We are and will always be saved by the grace of community, by human wonders and works, faith and fellowship, led from the bleak bondage of fear to the promised land of rest.”
3. The Holistic Trans Body Poster, a really great infographic that explains a lot.
4. 26 of the Best Narrative Nonfiction Books.
5. We Are All Fragile Creatures by Roxane Gay. “The Manufactured Moral Panic of a Free Krispy Kreme Doughnut.”
6. Hannah Gadsby on the “Comfort Cocoon” She Calls Her Clothes. “The comedian and writer decided to drastically minimize her wardrobe ‘because my sense of self is not defined by how the world sees me, it is defined by how I feel in the world.'”
7. How (and Why) to Welcome Insects Into Your Yard. “Gardening isn’t just about plants. It’s about the entire ecosystem those plants can support.”
8. Strawberry Shortcake Recipe. I can’t wait for strawberry season!
9. A thing about ‘normal’ from Seth Godin. So weird, because RIGHT before I saw this, I was thinking about the problem with “normal,” and how what is considered the norm is simply those with the loudest voice, the biggest platform, the most power claiming what they “like,” what they prefer, what makes them comfortable, and that’s not anywhere near the truth.
10. 4 Reasons Not To Kill Yourself (Read This First).
11. Good stuff from Lion’s Roar: Buddhism’s “Five Remembrances” Are Wake-Up Calls for Us All (“Perfectly clear, compassionate, and concise, the ‘Five Remembrances’ are Buddhism at its very best. Koun Franz explains”) and Let Your Heart Break (“In this excerpt from her book Steady, Calm, and Brave, Kimberly Brown offers a practice for letting your heart break when the weight of the world leaves you angry and overwhelmed”).
12. How to Manage Health Anxiety as a Highly Sensitive Introvert.
13. Our Love Is Nothing Like an Apocalypse, “the miracle” and “the optimism will not hold,” two poems by Emily Adams-Aucoin.
14. 35 Teachers In This Online Group Talk About Students They’ll Never Forget.
15. The Thirst Was Real For Ron Isley And His Beard After Isley Brothers’ Verzuz Performances.