1. 12 Random Acts of Kindness You Can Do Right Now.
2. Ethical Alternatives to Amazon, “the most lovingly curated selection of Amazon and Prime alternatives anywhere. We aim to make giving up Amazon easy and to encourage more people to spend their money with businesses that have higher ethical standards.”
3. Moving Through the Day with More Ease on Zen Habits.
4. Why is Everyone Afraid of Boredom?
5. 68 Bits of Unsolicited Advice.
6. Join Monty Don as he heads out to feed the chickens (video). I want to go to there…
7. Activism As Self-Care: How to Energize the Most Important Work of Your Life. “Tactics to sustain change-makers in overwhelming times.”
8. Emergency Room Diary (video). “Dr. Craig Spencer fought Ebola in West Africa while working with Doctors Without Borders, and now he’s an emergency room doctor in New York City, at the epicenter of the coronavirus pandemic. This is a day in his life on the front line of the battle against COVID-19.”
9. Pixar Short Film ‘Out’ Features Studio’s First Gay Main Character on The New York Times. “The animated film follows a gay man’s journey into acceptance as he prepares to move into a city with his boyfriend.”
10. 30 Types Of Succulents That Look Like Something Out Of This World.
11. Cool Guides To All Sorts Of Cool Things.
12. Remembering the Nearly 100,000 Lives Lost to Coronavirus in America on The New York Times. “America is fast approaching a grim milestone in the coronavirus outbreak — each figure here represents one of the nearly 100,000 lives lost so far. But a count reveals only so much. Memories, gathered from obituaries across the country, help us to reckon with what was lost.”
13. Tracee Ellis Ross Reveals How Her Mom Diana Ross Reacted To Hearing Her Sing In ‘The High Note.’ In related news, LOVE MYSELF Official Music Video.
14. We Can’t Comprehend This Much Sorrow on The New York Times. “History’s first draft is almost always wrong — but we still have to try and write it.”
15. How We Chronicle Our Lives Now from Liz Kalloch.
I’d love it if you’d join me on Instagram or Facebook and post photos of your treasures, your trinkets, your tools and your talismans with a story (or a story in pictures) about your time sheltering in place and use #chroniclesoftoolsandtalismans
What things/actions/activities are helping you through your days? Who are the people that you’re finding yourself reaching out to again and again? What are you making these days? Are you feeling frozen around making anything? Are you cleaning your closets and organizing your shoes, or slothing on the back porch with a book? What are the things that are making you catch your breath? What’s helping you exhale? What helps you stay focused (even briefly) or how are you un-focusing?
16. After ‘The Most Photographed Dog In Bruges’ Passes Away, People Are Sharing Photos Of Him Throughout The Years.
17. Opinion: The End of Meat Is Here on The New York Times. “If you care about the working poor, about racial justice, and about climate change, you have to stop eating animals.” In related news, Why meatpacking plants have become coronavirus hot spots.
18. Wilson Jerman, Longtime White House Butler, Dies at 91 on The New York Times. “Mr. Jerman started working as a cleaner for President Dwight D. Eisenhower in 1957 and retired in 2012 as an elevator operator for President Barack Obama.”
19. Gay nurse shows how six weeks fighting coronavirus ravaged his body in shocking before and after photos.
20. My coronavirus survivor group is my most important medical support right now. “Online support groups are filling Covid-19 information gaps and helping patients arm themselves against discrimination.”
21. Adopted dog takes 97-day walk back to foster mom.
22. Meet One-Year-Old Chef Kobe, Winning the Internet Like a Boss. (video)
23. This Artist Is Painting Beautiful Flowers on All of Her Walls While Stuck in Quarantine.
24. Man whose dad walked out when he was 12 shares his own fatherly wisdom ‘Dad, How Do I?’ channel.
25. Write Like a Dog.
26. Jane Roe’s Deathbed Confession: Anti-Abortion Conversion ‘All an Act’ Paid for by the Christian Right.
27. This Mother And Daughter Duo Is Creating Stunning 3D Chalk Art To Make Neighbors Smile.