1. Coping with Coronavirus: Use These Skills to Be Your Best Self on Zen Psychiatry. “Instead of going straight to habitual negative coping skills that may not be productive, take a pause and try one of these strategies instead.”
2. An Anxious Introvert’s Guide to Keeping Calm During the Crisis.
3. Every Covid-19 Commercial is Exactly the Same. (video)
4. What do Artists do all day?, a video series.
5. Morning, Sunshine, a morning meditation video series from Jen Lee.
6. The Best Acoustic Covers of Popular Songs, a full hour of music. (video)
7. Yoga with Adriene’s May Practice Theme: Meditation. “If you have been wanting to add a regular meditation to your routine, this is your month. Throughout the month of May we will be focusing on seated and moving meditations that will ease stress and create equilibrium for positive mental, emotional, and physical health…Take time to sit quietly or let it be a moving meditation. This month’s free yoga calendar includes opportunities for both. Commit to exploring the practice this month and observe it unfold and grow.”
8. Sarah’s Rental Cottage, “DIY adventure of fixing up a remote 1950s island cottage on the open water of Georgian Bay before the sun set on summer.” Proof that painted hardwood floors aren’t always wrong.
9. Good stuff from Austin Kleon: To wonder rather than know (in particular, I LOVE the blackout poem at the beginning of this post), and Survive the savage sea, and Do what you know how to do, and 3 thoughts on a decade of publishing books, and On praying, whether you believe or not.
10. How to grow your own tiny forest.
11. Shift your Mood: 7 Quick & Easy Body Tools.
12. A story of kindness from a flower grower in Kerry with lots of flowers and an idea to brighten people’s day. (video)
13. A Harvard student who traces the etymology of words and makes all kinds of infographics, from cities to apple varieties to Harry Potter characters.
14. Man dies from coronavirus after calling it a ‘political ploy’. This is just one story of many. Sometimes you find out you are wrong the hard way. In related news, “I Don’t Believe Your Science As I Believe My God” Says Anti-Lockdown Protestor.
15. ‘Instead of Coronavirus, the Hunger Will Kill Us.’ A Global Food Crisis Looms on The New York Times.
16. Native American Heritage Association, “Native American families suffer from food insecurity and hunger daily. Two of the poorest counties in America are on the Crow Creek and Pine Ridge Reservations in South Dakota. NAHA, with the help of our generous donors, is committed to fighting hunger with emergency food supplies and basic life necessities.”
17. Easy, Homemade Naan Made From Pantry Ingredients.
18. Technicolor Animal Portraits Inked in Watercolor Tattoos by Sasha Unisex.
19. The One You Feed Podcast Special Episode: Tips for Living in Close Quarters.
20. This Viral Challenge Shows How Differently Cats And Dogs Deal With Obstacles In Their Way.
21. 10 homes designed for practicing yoga and meditation. Creek House is my favorite.
22. “Things to Try That Might Knock Out the Virus” a poem by Richard Prinson on Rattle.