1. 21 Day Meditation Challenge Winter 2020. “A 21-Day Immersion in Wisdom, Compassion, and Community” hosted by Susan Piver.
2. The attention crisis is real from Seth Godin.
3. How To Stop Ruining The Holidays For Fat Friends and Family from Dances with Fat.
4. Introversion Is Not A Character Flaw, So Stop Treating It As One.
5. Hula Is More Than a Dance—It’s the ‘Heartbeat’ of the Hawaiian People, a short National Geographic film.
6. Is it okay to deface books for art? from Austin Kleon.
7. Here’s What Each Introverted Myers-Briggs Type Really Wants In Life. This is scarily accurate for me: “Because what an INFJ really wants in life is for their ideas to matter. They want to make a difference [in the lives of individual people], but they want it to change how things work — the cause, not just the symptom.”
8. The Oracle of Black Friday, a recent newsletter from Meghan Genge in which she includes this awesome set of contemplations:
Answer these questions before you buy anything:
- What – beyond the obvious – does this thing promise me?
- What does that mean I actually want more of in my own life?
- What do I feel when I think about owning this/ having this/ embodying this?
- So what does that mean I want to feel more of in my life?
- What can I do right now to help create more of what I want to feel/ have more of in my life?
9. Buddhism by the Numbers from Lion’s Roar. “Buddhism is full of lists and numbers. Find explanations of some of the most important of these, how they connect, and why they’re important.” I love this SO much.
10. Knives Out Trailer #1 (2019) | Movieclips Trailers. Eric and I saw this yesterday, and it was really good. In related news, Review: ‘Knives Out,’ A Classic Comic Mystery Of Uncommon Sharpness.
11. The Art of Activism: Hard Conversations Book Club 2020. It only costs $5 and if you go to the sign up page, you get the reading list for free. “I am going into my 17th year of running book clubs about diversity and inclusion issues, including the Hard Conversations Book Club which meets monthly by teleconference. I would love to have you join us for the New Year. It’s only $5 a year to join and you will be challenged by the books chosen for the year in ways you might not have imagined yet. Reading in community deepens everyone’s understanding.”
12. In ‘Children Of Virtue And Vengeance,’ Magic Has Returned. Now What?
13. A Single Dose Of Ketamine Might Help Heavy Drinkers, Study Finds.
14. ‘63 Up’ Review: Time Keeps on Slippin’, Slippin’, Slippin’ on The New York Times. “Michael Apted revisits the people who have grown up, and grown older, in this long-running, landmark documentary series.”
15. Witness in Hard Rock Hotel Collapse Is Deported on The New York Times. “A construction worker who became a witness in a federal safety investigation into lapses at the New Orleans construction site was deported to his native Honduras.”
16. 6 Ways My Parents Unintentionally Taught Me Disordered Eating.
17. ‘Holiday Rush’ Trailer: New Netflix Holiday Film Features A Black Cast.
18. [SPOILER] Let’s Talk About The Ending Of ‘Queen & Slim’: An Artful Wound With No Medicine [REVIEW].
19. It’s a Terrible Day in the Neighborhood, and That’s O.K. on The New York Times. “Fred Rogers’s belief that we should validate emotions, not suppress them, is wisdom for all ages.”
20. The Modern Life of Origami, an Art as Old as Paper on The New York Times. “Precision is key, whether folding a humble crane or an interlocking modular structure. So is enthusiasm.”
21. 30 Best Podcasts Of 2019 You Need To Listen To Before The Year Is Through.
22. The Horrible History of Thanksgiving on The New York Times.
23. This dog has been keeping a secret, and it’s the cutest thing you’ll discover today! (video)
24. 2-Year-Old Girl Falls In Love With Sick Shelter Pittie. (video)
25. As a Native American Comedian, I wasn’t mad at the SNL Thanksgiving Sketch, I was just disappointed.
26. 5 Things T.I. Got Wrong in His ‘Red Table Talk’ Conversation With Jada Pinkett Smith.
27. Scientists Are Baffled By An 18,000-Year-Old ‘Wolf-Dog’ Puppy Found Frozen In Siberia.
28. People Are Sharing The Best Things They Learned In Therapy So That Everyone Could Get Some Free Therapy In 30 Helpful Tweets.
29. Beware of the feel-good news story. “Begging for sick days and walking 20 miles to work are not tales of inspiration. They are societal failures.”
30. The 1619 Project to Become Multi-Book Series. “The extensive project that marked the arrival of the first enslaved Africans in Virginia will be expanded into several books, including a graphic novel.”
31. This college football player took the field with his dogs on Senior Night after losing both of his parents. (video)
32. The best books of 2019 – picked by the year’s best writers.
33. ‘Pilates-changed-my-life’ stories are annoying… but it did.