1. Flowers in the bathroom. Those two white ones though…*swoon*
2. Morning walks. I’m loving all the bird song. This week really felt like it was finally spring here.
3. Only 6.5 more weeks of work at CSU!!! I had a bit of a meltdown this week. Something small triggered it, the straw that broke the camel’s back. Even though I’m leaving CSU on fairly good terms, there’s some grief and rage I’m processing too. Being at my breaking point was actually a good thing, and I felt so much better about everything when I went into work the next day.
4. This guy. He needed a new head shot the other day for an award ceremony he’s going to, so he asked me to take one really quick after got back from walking the dogs. I think I’m the only one who knows him well enough to know some of those freckles on his forehead are actually dirt from the walk. He’s a good one – made me bran muffins while I was at yoga teacher training, held me and talked me through it while I melted down, and urged me to do something that would be good for me when I was considering skipping it because it “cost too much.”
5. My two boys. Sam is doing really well lately, walked almost eight miles the other day and didn’t wreck himself. And Ringo is as big of a jerk, comedian, and cuddler as always.
Bonus joy: Hanging out with Mikalina, bran muffins with dried raspberries that I didn’t even have to make, pizza, getting enough sleep, knowing that lowering the bar is a perfectly viable option, having the money I need to take care of myself, yoga teacher training, fresh squeezed orange juice, good TV (am finishing up part two of The OA, so weird and good), getting the laundry done on Friday, grocery shopping.