1. Morning walks. It’s gradually starting to get just the tiniest bit lighter that early. Sam is going 4-5 miles a day now and even running a little. He’ll never be back to where he was before he hurt his back, but I’m happy he gets to go on the full morning walk again.
2. Paid sick leave. I’ve needed it the last few days. After Eric being sick THREE times already this winter, I finally got a cold. All I want to do is sleep, but I don’t have the luxury. And even though I’m using some sick leave, I’ve still been working, along with all the stuff that needs to get done whether I’m sick or not, like the laundry and teaching yoga and walking the dogs.
3. Date nights with Eric. As I mentioned before, we always take a selfie when we leave the house after dark, just to prove that it actually happens sometimes.
4. My boys. They always want to come along when we pick up the dad from work. They are good company when I’m not feeling so great. Sam especially is a big fan of the all day nap.
5. Only 14 weeks of work left at CSU. The next few weeks are super busy, but I’m hoping after that it slows down a little so I can really start making the transition, tying up loose ends and letting go.
Bonus joy: some of my favorite presents ever (like this meditating dog garden statue or the blanket my niece made me that’s the perfect throw to use on the couch), sunny blue skies (although, we could really use more snow), naps, sleeping in, down blankets, a soft warm hat, yoga, meditation, Pilates, swimming, aqua aerobics, texting, cancelling plans, reading my Kindle in bed at night before I fall asleep, good TV, clementines, orange juice, hot sweet & spicy tea, nasal rinse, computer glasses, dreaming about birds.