1. The Colorado sky. This morning (pictured above) the clouds were moving so fast and pattered in such an odd way, the sky looked like water.
2. Morning walks with the dogs. It’s the time of year when it’s dark for most of it, but yesterday we saw a fox and the sunrise, and it’s so quiet out.
3. Eric and the dogs going hiking. Even if I only get to see pictures, I love that they get to go.
4. Working from home. Getting the laundry done. Being able to work in my pjs and hang out with the dogs, cook some real food or take a nap if I want to.
5. My tiny family. I’m not sure if I’d want to keep going without them.
Bonus joy: Wild Writing, shows at the Lincoln Center (we saw Take Me To The River last night, Mike Birbiglia last weekend) and how when they are over it only takes us five minutes to get home, giving myself permission to not, biscuits, good TV (the second season of Stranger Things just released this morning), good books, good interns, aqua aerobics, a warm shower and a clean towel, clean sheets, being okay with the dust and piles of stuff in my not so clean house, sleep, my dogs reminding me it’s time for lunch.