1. The right effort of generosity from Seth Godin.
7. The scientific case that America is becoming a more prejudiced place. “As humans, even at an early age, we learn what’s socially acceptable by watching other people.” In related news, Princeton Professor Keeanga-Yamahtta Taylor Cancels Public Appearances Amid Fox News-Fueled Death Threats.
8. The Truth About Marriage Vows: Five Promises You Can Keep from Susan Piver.
10. 9 Phrases Allies Can Say When Called Out Instead of Getting Defensive. In related news, It isn’t call-out culture that is toxic and Ten Ways White People can Stop Annoying People of Color on Social Media.
14. Why I’m no longer talking to white people about race. This is extra long, but worth the read. In related news, Why The White Feminism Of The Women’s March Is Still On My Mind.
15. Things I Love Lately on A Design So Vast. I was going to share one or two things off this list, but in the end I wanted to remember them all. Thanks, Lindsey!
17. The Work You Do, the Person You Are, Toni Morrison in The New Yorker. In related news, Toni Morrison: ‘I’m writing for black people … I don’t have to apologise.’
19. Generation Anthropocene Interview: Camille Dungy, (Podcast).
20. My Arch-Nemesis : Internet Buddha from Adreanna Limbach.
21. Necessity Is the Mother of Invention from Jena Schwartz. “Impermanence is not an accident; it is a fundamental component of practice…Impermanence is all we have for sure. In this work, in this life, in our writing, in our relationships, in our health, in our friendships, in our communities. That doesn’t mean there aren’t real, lasting things. In fact, I think it’s the opposite: Impermanence deepens my awareness and appreciation of just how precious these are. It has also helped me through some of the hardest and darkest times in my life.”
22. Five Mindfulness Trainings from Thich Nhat Hanh on Lion’s Roar. “The Five Mindfulness Trainings represent the Buddhist vision for a global spirituality and ethic. They are a concrete expression of the Buddha’s teachings on the Four Noble Truths and the Noble Eightfold Path, the path of right understanding and true love, leading to healing, transformation, and happiness for ourselves and for the world.”
23. Ten second portraits. These are so beautiful…
24. Live Awake Podcast: Loving and Listening to Yourself (Self Love). So good. Andrea Scher mentioned it to me during a coaching session the other day, and I’ve listened to it every day since. It’s really powerful, and every time I listen, I notice something new.
24. Extra Ordinary Routines, “Illuminating the everyday lives of creatives. The extraordinary in the ordinary. The habitual. The imperfect.”
25. “Every Day is a Victory“ a comic from Connie to the Wonnie. May your Monday be victorious, kind and gentle reader.