1. Walking with the dogs in the morning. Even when my glasses won’t stop fogging up, or someone has their “friendly” dog offlead, or we run into a herd of deer, or there is a racoon poking its head out of a storm drain, or both dogs won’t stop eating goose poop and horse poop and cat poop and something else gross I think might be poop, or Ringo keeps eating grass and wanting to pick up sticks and I have to say “leave it, drop it, don’t eat it” what feels like a thousand times, or both dogs have to stop and smell everything, or when Sam almost pees on Ringo’s head, or it’s muddy and wet, or someone is already in the little dog park so we don’t get to go in, or I’m so cold I can’t feel my butt anymore, or my knee hurts, or my back hurts, or I’m tired and just want to be home already — even then.
2. Colorado sky. So pretty, so variable.
3. Time with amazing women, who are creative, and smart, and kind, and funny.
4. Friday. Walking the dogs, working from home, doing laundry, Wild Writing class, lunch with a friend, Nose Work class with Ringo, the end of a long week.
5. My tiny family. They are my favorites.