1. Flowers in the bathroom. Extra fancy ones because Eric was going to be gone for a few days.
2. I fell, but it wasn’t as bad as it could have been. We had freezing rain the other day, which we never get, and it came a day before predicted so caught everyone off guard. I walked out into the parking lot and fell flat on my back. My elbows are both bruised and sore (cause even though they tell you how to fall to avoid getting really hurt, it happens so fast you are all instinct, and apparently I tried to catch myself with my elbows), my hip and my back hurt and I have a baby case of whiplash, but like I said — I know it could have been so much worse and am feeling really lucky it wasn’t. My knee is also getting better, so that’s a bonus.
3. Dr. McDougall’s Organic Instant Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal. I tried to eat the store brand for a bit (cause they only carry this kind at Whole Foods and I can’t ever seem to get out of that store for less than $50 so I try to avoid it), but this is so much better. I mix in 1/4 cup of plain instant oats and it’s perfect.
4. This face. Seriously, sometimes I’m so frustrated with him because he’s doing some thing that’s making me crazy, and then he gives me this look, and I can’t even.
5. Sam, who at seven years old is the perfect mix of sweet and lazy, young and healthy.
Bonus joy: Oranges, clean sheets, getting the laundry done on Friday, Wild Writing, ibuprofen, good TV, my Kindle and the library loaded on there, texting and Voxing with friends, napping with the dogs, working from home, Black History Month.