So great to be partnering with Wanderlust to share this list with a larger audience.
1. Start Here Now: An Online Course on the Path and Practice of Meditation. Taught by New York Times best-selling author Susan Piver, my meditation teacher and friend. The course begins on March 22, and there is still time to sign up. If you don’t want to take a course but are looking for a place to start, I highly recommend her book of the same title or signing up for her Open Heart Project.
2. How to make a T-shirt into a Bag With out Sewing. This is brilliant, and so easy. I almost got rid of one of my favorite t-shirts because I wasn’t wearing it anymore, but now I’m going to turn it into a bag!
3. A dad lies to his daughter every single day. Now watch her find out… and love him even more for it. I don’t really understand what this commercial is for, I just know it wrecked me, in the best possible way.
4. Comedian/Yogi explains why YOGA is hard & HILARIOUS! *gigglesnort*
7. Obama confronts heckler at immigration reform rally. This is how you do it.
8. The sweetest thing. Schooch over, I want in the circle!
10. There’s Nothing Left to Do, Seek or Fix—The Quote that Brought it all Home. As a yoga practitioner, as a teacher, as a human, this makes so much sense to me.
11. While waiting for perfect, wisdom from Seth Godin, on why waiting is such a bad idea and what to do instead.
12. Confessions of a Failed Self-Help Guru. “I traveled around the country telling strangers how to balance their workloads and better their lives—until I learned the hard way that the people offering to solve your problems are often the ones who need help the most.” (Shared by Meg Worden on her weekly list).
13. Things Organized Neatly. It’s really that simple. And in related news, A Former Janitor Collects and Photographs the Items Seized from Immigrants and Thrown Away By U.S. Customs and Border Patrol.
14. Travel Expectations Vs Reality (20+ Pics). Make sure to read the comments, as it turns out some of the images used aren’t exactly accurate, but it’s still fascinating.
15. Keith Broke His Leg, an original web series. Keith Powell followed me on Twitter last week, and when I followed him back, he sent me a message about his web series. Even though I know it was an automated, copy/paste sort of message in hopes of getting the word out about his show, I loved him on 30 Rock, so found the show, and proceeded to watch every episode. It’s smart and funny and has a great cast, (see what I did there, wink wink). Afterwards, I sent him a reply to his original message, telling him how much I loved the show, and that I was going to tell you all about it. In related news, the trailer for Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt season 2 has arrived.
17. Is blogging dead? from Susannah Conway.
18. Wisdom from Pema Chödrön,
Meditation is about seeing clearly the body that we have, the mind that we have, the domestic situation that we have, the job that we have, and the people who are in our lives. It’s about seeing how we react to all these things. It’s seeing our emotions and thoughts just as they are right now, in this very moment, in this very room, on this very seat. It’s about not trying to make them go away, not trying to become better than we are, but just seeing clearly with precision and gentleness.
19. Fear is boring, and other tips for living a creative life, an older post of advice from Elizabeth Gilbert, but still worth a read.
20. The world’s first website went online 25 years ago today. And because of it, so much has changed.
21. Participation Optional from Rachel Cole. “Bottom line: you’re free. You can say ‘No’ and ‘No Thank You’ and ‘No Fucking Way.'”