1. More signs of spring. These mini irises on our walk the other morning, how warm Ringo’s fur was when he came in from lounging in the yard this morning, Sam covered in bits of grass that looked like hay after he’d been rolling in the yard, bird song in the early morning, and today it’s supposed to be sunny and 70 degrees. Keep it coming!
2. Wild Writing. It’s an amazing practice, and Laurie is such a fiercely present teacher, and there are so many good women I get to practice with — their writing raises the bar for my own, in the best possible way.
3. Kitchen counter love notes. Eric told me yesterday that he’s a little embarrassed when I post pictures of these sometimes because he isn’t an artist and they can be kind of wonky. I told him that’s one of the things I love so much about them.
4. Good friends. I have so many good friends, both “in real life” and online. I count in this number those of you who keep showing up here, kind and gentle reader. I love the way we support each other, keep going, keep trying our best, don’t give up.
5. Samson and Ringo Blue. They aren’t as easy a match as our first two dogs (who loved each other SO much, and I had no idea that wasn’t totally normal), but they are good together, and bring me joy in those moments when almost nothing else does.
Bonus joy: lunch with a good friend, my new car, my new bathroom (yes, STILL — this can’t be normal), the new cellphone I’m going to have soon, my current cellphone which has done such a good job sticking around for so long, teaching yoga, physical therapy, a surprisingly good romantic comedy, stand up comedy documentaries, a soft wool shirt, blue skies, sharing a piece of chocolate cake with Eric, a glass of cold clean water, a warm shower, clean towels, clean sheets, a massage, falling asleep easily, staying asleep, sleeping in, naps, good books, my Kindle, my interns, good things happening to good people, a moment of clarity and contentment, laughing.