1. It’s Friday. The first week back after a break is always a rough reentry, add to that the chaos of the work going on in our bathroom and I am ready for the weekend.
2. My foot is getting better! This makes me stupid happy. Even just a week ago, I wasn’t sure it would ever get better.
3. Sam and Ringo. Playing in the snow, being so good about all the strange men in our house making all kinds of weird noises, Ringo finally finally finally growing up, Sam being so sweet always wanting me to share a particular down blanket with him, touching it with his nose or paw and then looking at me in that certain way to communicate he’d like to lie down on it.
4. Sweet potato and black bean quesadillas, with sour cream, salsa, and avocado on top. They are just so good.
5. Eric. How he makes me laugh, how patient he’s been about my foot which has meant he’s done ALL the dog walking for months (that’s a lot of miles, people), how he thinks to buy flowers and take them to Thanksgiving dinner, how kind he is, and his wicked mad skills in the kitchen.
6. Progress on the bathroom. It’s starting to look like one now, and seeing the tile and colors I chose all put together is a relief — you pick them from a few samples but you just don’t know until it’s all up if you picked right. The whole thing might run a day or two over schedule, but I still feel like it was totally worth it.
7. Adele’s new album. It’s all I’ve been listening to for a week and I’m still not tired of it.
8. Mabel Magazine #4. I got my copy in the mail yesterday and it’s so good. The theme is “what’s next.”
Bonus joy: Yoga, my Kindle, reading, taking naps, wool socks, being able to say no, financial stability, good stable comfortable shoes, eating what I want, being able to walk two miles on the treadmill or ride the bike for 1/2 an hour without my foot hurting, good friends.