1. Morning walks. I took so many pictures that my first attempt to put them all on this page crashed my browser. This week the weather and my body cooperated and I got to do all our normal walks. But y’all, it was COLD. Beautiful light, gorgeous sky, and we got out early enough and at the right place to see an owl one morning. Eric said they saw a coyote this morning, and because of where they saw it I now know why Ringo gets so excited and starts tracking every time we walk along that one side of the back cement pond.
2. Being able to unload my junk. This could apply to a lot of things but what I’m thinking of in this moment is the load I just took to ARC to donate. There has been a huge pile in the middle of our garage for months that we hadn’t gotten around to loading up and taking, (this winter was rough, y’all). I really really need to clear out my office but without that space in the garage to unload to while I reorganize it’s almost impossible. I had a few errands to run today and since Eric was home, I had him help me load up the car. When I got to ARC, I was laughing at myself because the two cars in front of me dropped off ONE bag each and when they got to my car, I told them, “everything in the back seat, on the floor, and in the way back goes.” One of the kids unloading said, “all of it?” and I said, “everything but the seat cover.”
3. Naps. I need one so bad today. Hopefully I can take care of that once I hit “publish.” I got a set of flannel sheets, have never had them as an adult, and oh wow do I love them. My bed really is one of my favorite places in the world and it’s now even more cozy.
4. Reading. One of the biggest regrets of my life will be not getting to read all the books I want to read. I love it so much, always have.
5. My tiny family, tiny home, tiny life. I love it here, so much.
Bonus joy: two little beloved boys turning two on the same day, stickers, my favorite fork and spoon, a new notebook, ink refills for the pen I thought I’d have to throw out, reusable grocery bags, bird song, that corner of the couch, my infrared heating pad, a warm shower, a cold glass of clean water, peanut butter, sweet potatoes, wild-ish writing, training with Shelby and the gang, hanging out with Mikalina, texting with Chris and Chloe’, the promise of spring, crayons, other people’s dogs, all the ways Eric helps and supports me, watching TV with him at night, sitting on the couch together doing nothing, making each other laugh, the way Ringo will just show up at random times throughout the day asking for some love, documentaries, true crime, music, poetry and poets, massage, reading in bed at night while Eric and Ringo sleep.