1. Morning walks. Everything is SO green right now. The bad news is, as it warms up, the mosquitoes arrive, which means this week is most likely the last week we’ll get this close to the river. I am okay with that only because in another few weeks, we’ll be taking our walks next to the ocean for a bit.
Here’s a “behind the scenes” of how hard it is to get a picture of Ringo looking at the camera, even with Eric’s help.
2. Good food. We bbq’d this week. One good thing to come out of being home so much this last year is I got really comfortable cooking, figured out how to make some of my favorite restaurant items at home.
3. Our garden. Everything is so lush this year and we have so many blooms — I’m going to have at least 40 peonies. We even got a handful of strawberries this week.
4. Practice. It reminds me I’m still here, helps me to stay here.
5. My tiny house, my tiny family, my tiny life. I am so lucky, so grateful to be here with them.
Bonus joy: Wild Writing on Friday mornings, a/c, rainier cherries, anything picked fresh from the garden, bees, good neighbors, writing and hanging out with Calyx, texting with Chloe’ and Mom and Chris, babies, herons, “good morning”s, other people’s dogs, good books, good TV, podcasts, naps, clean sheets, down pillows and blankets, sitting in the sauna with Eric, the shade in our backyard in the afternoons, the smell of lilacs, our whole house fan, training with Shelby, lunch with Carrie, picnic tables big enough for the whole gang, not having to lie about being the people who want to stay home and go to bed early because everyone we hang out with already knows that and likes us anyway, reading in bed at night while Eric and Ringo sleep.