1. How to Practice by Ann Patchett. “I wanted to get rid of my possessions, because possessions stood between me and death.”
3. 6 Ways to Calm Your Overthinking Introvert Mind. I’d add the subtitle, “Not Just for Introverts.”
5. A Dazzling Series of Photos Captures the Soft Glow of Firefly Mating Season in Japan. I’ve never seen a firefly in real life, and I’m not sure I ever will.
6. 75 Artists On How They Spent a Year in Coronavirus Lockdown on The New York Times.
10. ‘I am not who I was’: Michael Rosen on surviving Covid. “In this exclusive extract from his new book Many Different Kinds of Love, the author writes about his urgent diagnosis, days in hospital and returning home.”
11. To Write, Stop Thinking. “The writer Kathryn Harrison believes that words flow best when the opaque, unknowable aspects of the mind take over.”
13. Recipe I want to try: Focaccia Pepperoni Pizza (this seriously looks SO yummy!).
14. Complete Sleep Walking Compilation from Celina Spooky Boo. (video). One of my most favorite pandemic finds. These videos make me laugh no matter how many times I watch them, (which is A LOT).
16. How to Apologize, a poem from Ellen Bass.
20. Lightweight ‘Traveler’ Camper Has Retro Exterior, Adaptive Interior. It’s clearly been a long year because I totally want this camper.