1. How to Practice by Ann Patchett. “I wanted to get rid of my possessions, because possessions stood between me and death.”
2. The 5 greatest regrets of the dying and how to avoid them.
3. 6 Ways to Calm Your Overthinking Introvert Mind. I’d add the subtitle, “Not Just for Introverts.”
4. 5 Things I Experience as a Highly Sensitive Introvert That I Didn’t Know Weren’t ‘Normal’. In related news, What It’s Really Like Being a Highly Sensitive Introvert.
5. A Dazzling Series of Photos Captures the Soft Glow of Firefly Mating Season in Japan. I’ve never seen a firefly in real life, and I’m not sure I ever will.
6. 75 Artists On How They Spent a Year in Coronavirus Lockdown on The New York Times.
7. Good stuff from Austin Kleon: My diary of a plague year (week one), and A quote a day, and They bring me tokens of myself.
8. A Story Of Youth, Hope And Loss — And The Mystery Of COVID-19.
9. Who are we now, after a year of this? In related news, March 11, 2020: The Day Everything Changed and Nostalgia, One Year In on The New York Times.
10. ‘I am not who I was’: Michael Rosen on surviving Covid. “In this exclusive extract from his new book Many Different Kinds of Love, the author writes about his urgent diagnosis, days in hospital and returning home.”
11. To Write, Stop Thinking. “The writer Kathryn Harrison believes that words flow best when the opaque, unknowable aspects of the mind take over.”
12. Here’s the best writing advice from Colson Whitehead’s 60 Minutes interview.
13. Recipe I want to try: Focaccia Pepperoni Pizza (this seriously looks SO yummy!).
14. Complete Sleep Walking Compilation from Celina Spooky Boo. (video). One of my most favorite pandemic finds. These videos make me laugh no matter how many times I watch them, (which is A LOT).
15. Gwyneth Paltrow’s Intuitive Fasting Obsession is Dangerous.
16. How to Apologize, a poem from Ellen Bass.
17. My HSP Struggle With Depression — and the Road to Healing.
18. 15 Things Anyone Who Loves A Woman With Anxiety Should Know.
19. We Cannot Transcend Mental Illness In The Context of American Capitalism.
20. Lightweight ‘Traveler’ Camper Has Retro Exterior, Adaptive Interior. It’s clearly been a long year because I totally want this camper.
I can’t access “how to Practice’ without subscribing – any thoughts on how to read it otherwise?
It looks like that’s the only place it’s posted. I only got to read it because I had one free article left for the month.