1. Morning walks. This week they were dark and cold, but also quiet and beautiful.
2. Practice. I’ve been feeling some big grief around losing my Buddhist sangha, am trying to find my way back in to the Open Heart Project Sangha, missing my yoga sangha, and feeling deep joy and gratitude for my writing sangha.
3. Naps. In the afternoon, it’s been my habit to go into my dark bedroom (blackout shades are the best) to rest, reset my nervous system. This week so far, there were two days I didn’t get to and today isn’t looking good either, and it is making me realized how absolutely necessary that time is for me, for now.
4. Kitchen counter love notes. Sometimes when your tender little heart is feeling raw, the smallest thing can comfort you.
5. My tiny family. Eric has been going in to his office on campus to work and even though I miss him, it also feels nice to have the dog and the house all to myself.
Bonus joy: soft chewy fresh bread, dog sighs, how sweet Ringo can be, what a punk Ringo can be, hanging out and writing with Mikalina, texting funny memes to Chloe’, texting with my mom and brother, snow, how the birds keep on coming even though we have to keep moving the feeder because of the greedy squirrels, clementines, having all the laundry done, payday, clean sheets, graphic novels, good books, good TV, good movies, podcasts, sunshine in the deepest part of winter, the sound of the dishwasher, the hum of the furnace, a warm shower, a big glass of cold clean water, gummies, having my car paid off, massage, getting in the pool, sitting in the infrared sauna with Eric, making Eric laugh, reading in bed at night while Ringo and Eric sleep.