May our sigh of relief
build on itself
until it is a tornado
every structure of hate
in this country.
1. 8 Natural Ways to Ease Anxiety. In related news, Advice For Dealing With Uncertainty — From People Who’ve Been There, and There’s a word for your overwhelming anxiety, and it’s “zozobra”, and 16 Ways to Calm the Heck Down When You’re a Highly Sensitive Overthinker, and 10% Happier Podcast: Dealing with Uncertainty, Anxiety, and Anger | Special Post-Election Edition | Lama Rod Owens, and Body Kindness Podcast 2020 Burnout: Saving Our Mental Health for the Greater Good, and Need Peace? 10 Ways to Cultivate Quiet in the Chaos, and 51 Ways to Destress, Calm Down, and Feel Less Lonely Right Now.
2. I Am Shattered but Ready to Fight on The New York Times by Roxane Gay. “The support for President Trump is a disgrace, but the future is not hopeless.”
3. Thoughts On An Election on Terrible Minds by Chuck Wendig. An earlier post from Chuck, I Don’t Know What’s Going On And You Don’t Know Either.
4. The Trump legal team’s failed Four Seasons press conference, explained. “The bizarre venue overshadowed Rudy Giuliani’s conspiracy-theory-laden election rant, providing a poetic stage for the end of Trump’s presidency.”
5. Social Change Ecosystem Map from Solidarity Is. “In our lives and as part of movements and organizations, many of us play different roles in pursuit of equity, shared liberation, inclusion, and justice. And yet, we often get lost and confused, or we are newcomers to ongoing social change efforts and don’t know where to start, or we are catalyzed into action in the midst of a crisis in our community. This is a framework that can help individuals, networks, and organizations align and get in right relationship with social change values, individual roles, and the broader ecosystem.”
6. Tanka Fund “is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation located in Kyle, South Dakota. Tanka Fund’s goal is to convert one million acres of virgin prairie to regenerative agriculture built around a buffalo-based economy. Join us in restoring health and prosperity to Native communities by donating today to reach this goal!”
7. Good stuff on Rita’s Notebook: Heartsick and Oh happy day.
8. Good stuff on Lion’s Roar: How Not to Freak Out, and Resilience: Self-Care for Tough Times, and How to Have the World — and the Life — We Want, and Citizenship as Spiritual Practice.
9. The spaces in-between from Seth Godin.
10. The 2020 election has terrorized America. But here’s our silver lining.
Feel complimented to be in such good company. Thank you, Jill.