1. Practice. Yoga, meditation, writing, and dog. It’s the way I make sense of things, the way I am able to stay with what is, the thing that keeps me from giving up.
2. Kitchen counter love notes. One this week was spooky, in honor of the season.
3. Writing with Mikalina and Chloe’. The last few times we got online, we hung out and told each other stories, but this time we actually wrote together…and told each other stories.
4. Morning walks. Poor Eric was on duty the two mornings it rained this week, but my walks were lovely, except for the part where they cut those two trees down to make space for a new house, the same spot we saw the twin baby deer napping that one time, the same ones I always take pictures of. Yes, they were both dead, but they were a gorgeous shape against the morning sky.
5. My tiny family. Ringo is feeling better and Sam is keeping me warm on these cooler mornings. Hopefully Eric won’t have to work so much this weekend and we can do something fun together.
Bonus joy: teaching yoga, opening a new bag of potato chips (so fresh and crunchy!), having all the laundry done, clean sheets on the bed, napping, good TV (the new series, Criminal, streaming on Netflix is really good, and all my favorite “regular TV” shows are back on and streaming on Hulu), good books (I am still working my way through all of Maya Angelou’s autobiographies — she had such an interesting life!), a new printer (now I just have to set it up), knowing that it will take time but it will be okay, laughing with Eric.