1. Tea and Cake with Demons: A Buddhist Guide to Feeling Worthy by Adreanna Limbach. “Using The Four Noble Truths and The Eightfold Path as a guide, Tea and Cake with Demons guides us to meet all our most common demons—shame, perfectionism, fixation, and self doubt—all while myth-busting the cultural narratives that keep us stuck and revealing the unshakable nature of our inherent self worth.”
2. The Foxes, a photo album from Chuck Wendig. “These are shots of the foxes (whole family, this year) that live in the woods out front of our house, and just behind my writer shed.”
4. “America, Reloading” by Andrea Gibson. “And that’s as happy as the end gets right now.” 💔
8. National Guard leaders in five states defy Trump and refuse to dismiss trans troops. It’s so important to remember that we can resist, we can refuse.
11. PS22 Chorus kids perform with Andy Grammer. (video) I’ve watched this at least 20 times, and it’s my favorite Facebook account.
12. After her big sister got approval to wear a Frozen-themed costume to bed, this little girl in Alabama wanted to wear a costume, too. (video) She picked a hot dog. I have also watched this video at least 20 times.
15. Gay Mag call for submissions. “Gay is a new publication partnership between Roxane Gay and Medium. Laura June Topolsky is the Deputy Editor and Kaitlyn Adams serves as Managing Editor. We will be publishing work weekly, covering a wide variety of topics. We will also assemble ambitious, compelling quarterly themed issues. We are now accepting submissions, on a rolling basis, and look forward to hearing from new and established writers who possess original voices.”
17. puppiespuppiespuppies from Broad City. (video)
19. A Bookstore, Finally, Comes to the Bronx on The New York Times.
20. How These Black Playwrights Are Challenging American Theater on The New York Times.
24. 3-Year-Old Found Alone at Border Is One of Many ‘Heartbreaking’ Migrant Cases on The New York Times.