4. US Airline Customer of Size Policies. This is a really good resource for anyone flying in a bigger body.
5. This Queer Ballet Company Is Putting Their Classes Online For Everyone. “Ballez is a ballet company opening dance to people of all gender expressions. Starting today, you can join their movement wherever you are in the world.”
6. How We Can Save the Honeybees. “A professional beekeeper shares some ideas for preventing the insect apocalypse.” In related news, Morgan Freeman Converted His 124-Acre Ranch Into A Giant Honeybee Sanctuary To Save The Bees.
9. Lavina Gray Funding for SFAI Summer Program. She’s amazingly talented — can you help her? Every bit helps.
11. For Sri Lanka, a Long History of Violence on The New York Times. “After a civil war that dragged on for nearly three decades, Sri Lanka had been enjoying a decade of relative calm. That was shattered on Sunday when a coordinated bombing attack killed more than 200 people. Here is some context to help you understand the latest events in the small island nation.”
15. Another Warning Sign. “The Mueller report is of course about Russian interference in the 2016 election and about the White House’s interference in the resulting investigation. But I couldn’t help also reading the report as a window into the manner of administration that characterizes the Trump era, and therefore as another warning about how fundamentally unprepared our government is for a significant crisis or emergency.” In related news, Highlights From The Mueller Report, Annotated.
20. Before Fisher-Price’s Rock ’n Play Recall, Safety Fears and Dubious Marketing on The New York Times.
21. American History: From Emancipation to the Present, a free video course available on YouTube. “The purpose of this course is to examine the African American experience in the United States from 1863 to the present.”
22. African American Studies, UCLA, another free video course available on YouTube. “An intensive introduction to African American political thought that focuses on major ideological trends and political philosophies as they have been applied and interpreted by African Americans.”
23. African-American History: Modern Freedom Struggle (A Free Course from Stanford). “Taught by historian Clayborne Carson, the editor of the papers of Martin Luther King, Jr., this Stanford University course–entitled African-American History: Modern Freedom Struggle–provides an introduction to African-American history, ‘with a particular emphasis on the political thought and protest movements of the period after 1930.'”
29. Aliza Sokolow’s Food Photos Could Change the Way You Think About Farmers. “The L.A.-based photographer has trained her lens on the growers in your local farmers’ market, showcasing the art and beauty of their hard work.”
32. The Unbearable Weight of Fatphobia: A Conversation with Samantha Irby. “I don’t wanna have to teach a lesson on Health At Every Size just to get through every conversation in my day. I’m just trying to live my life.”
35. Is Prison Necessary? Ruth Wilson Gilmore Might Change Your Mind. “In three decades of advocating for prison abolition, the activist and scholar has helped transform how people think about criminal justice.”
37. The Health Iceberg, a really great infographic from holisticallygrace on Instagram that I can’t stop thinking about.
39. This police officer has been fired after body cam footage revealed him abusing a 69-year-old Florida veteran. (video) Our police system is broken, and worse yet it attracts power hungry bullies.
42. Nestle Says Requirement to Report Use of Slave Labor Would Cost Consumers More Money. And, so?! Don’t lie, Nestle, you are worried about profits not our feelings about paying more for your crap candy.
45. The University Is a Ticking Time Bomb. “Treating nearly 75 percent of the professoriate as disposable is not sustainable.”
46. This is so cute! (video) I have watched this video so many times, because it’s ME.
49. Research Shows Entire Black Communities Suffer Trauma After Police Shootings. “Police killings of unarmed African Americans have created a mental health crisis of enormous proportions.”