I meant to make this list yesterday, on its regular day, but after I got done cooking, I sat down on the couch and started watching Love Actually and forgot. I knew you’d understand, kind and gentle reader. And P.S., in honor of the season I’m skipping the “this week in People Behaving Badly” portion of the list, even though they (we) are still at it. May this be a time of trying harder to do better.
1. 2-year-old has an adorable reaction to getting a banana for Christmas. (video) May we all feel this way about what we get today.
2. Macro photos of snowflakes show impossibly perfect designs.
3. Good wishes from Lama Rod Owens, “May we all experience a sense of home today no matter where we are at or who we are with.”
4. This guy got “Morissetted” by his wife for a month. Was not amused. (video) I on the other hand am thoroughly amused.
5. A thread about how you can be firm in your boundaries but still be kind in your approach.
6. Master Teacher Maty Ezraty on the State of Yoga Right Now. I’m glad this is a conversation some of us are having. In related news, Setu Yoga Has a Plan to Make Yoga Less Skinny and White.
7. When a puppy is all you want for Christmas. (video) My second thought watching this video was how terrifying all the squealing and screaming and crying must be for these dogs! In related news, A dad surprised his daughter with a dog she had been caring for at an animal shelter!
8. 10 Reasons Not to Focus on Weight in the New Year. In related news, 12 Reasons To Ditch The Diet Mentality.
9. The end of the Hurricane Harvey story from Karen Walrond on Chookooloonks, on what she learned from losing almost everything in the storm.
10. If you are a white woman, download these two things and make reading them and doing the work your New Year’s Resolution: Me And White Supremacy – The Workbook and Dear White Women.
11. People affected by dwarfism often have a hard time finding clothes to fit them. “A new fashion label in Berlin provides an elegant solution – at eye level.” (video)
12. 50 Times People Experienced Pareidolia In The Most Unexpected Places.
13. This Travel Influencer Created A Platform To Encourage More Black Men To See The World.
14. 50 Amazing Photos That Won The Prestigious Siena International Photo Awards.
15. Scientists Find A Brain Circuit That Could Explain Seasonal Depression. Even though I have it and know it’s real, it’s nice to have some “proof” that it’s not just “all in my head.”
16. Philadelphia Teen Honored With Prestigious Carnegie Medal For Heroically Rescuing His Nephew. I long for a time when such deeds would be just what it means to be human, not heroic.
17. How Do I Write About My Life Without Alienating Everyone in It? from The New York Times. “Tell the truth, but aim for mercy.”
18. This college student is giving people hope by cleaning their homes. (video)
19. Chair yoga flow. (video)
20. Yard Worker Mows Lawns and Gives Christmas Gifts to the Needy. (video)
21. “God gave me my mother’s arms”, says Miriam’s five-year-old son. (video)
22. Have a Very Buddhist Christmas. “Joy, giving, family, and peace—people of all faiths can celebrate these values of the holiday season. Seven Buddhists offer their take on yuletide dharma.”
23. 31 Days of Devotion from Adreanna Limbach, “a FREE online series that brings daily meditation + contemplative practices right into your inbox, 7 days a week for the entire month of January.”
24. Dedicate, 30 Days of Free Yoga with Adriene. If 30 days feels like too much, try this December | Wholeness (10 days of yoga with Anna Guest-Jelley of Curvy Yoga) or Gift of Relaxation – 33 Min Feel Good Yoga, also with Adriene.
25. A Simple Practice for Stressful Holidays.
26. These 21 Things Stress Out Highly Sensitive People The Most. Seriously, if you ever wonder why I am how I am, just read this list. And if you are still confused, read this If You’re An INFJ, You’ll Relate To These 12 Problems.
27. My boyfriend Roman makes a gingerbread man. (video)