1. ‘Resist White Supremacy’: A sign. A farm. And the fury that followed. “We are white people using our privilege and power to say something that should be obvious but clearly still needs to be said,” she wrote, “and there’s nothing brave about that.”
2. The White Fragility Script: The Five Act Experience [INFOGRAPHIC] from Lessa Renee Hall.
3. David Sedaris on Keeping a Diary in the Age of Over-Sharing (video). “David Sedaris offers advice to young writers. His biggest tip? Keep a diary. Here’s why.”
4. 13 Incredible Black Artists, Past And Present, Everybody Should Know.
5. on practices and setting intentions from Karen Walrond on Chookooloonks.
6. Weight Watchers New Teen Marketing Plan.
7. Zen of Knitting. (video)
8. My Next Guest Needs No Introduction with David Letterman | Obama talks about how progress is made. (video) If you have access to Netflix streaming, do yourself a favor and watch the full episode of the new David Letterman show where he interviews Barack Obama, and spends some time with John Lewis.
9. Black Science Fiction and Fantasy Authors You Need to Read.
10. A cat pets a bird. (video) Sometimes it’s just that simple.
11. Girl pets dog. (video) #same
12. Poet Andrea Gibson on Health, Queer Healing, and Learned Behavior.
13. Have your representatives in Congress received donations from the NRA? Click this link and find out.
14. ‘Black Panther’: All The Box Office Records It Broke (And Almost Broke) In Its $235M Debut. If Hollywood really does only make movies “people want to see,” there better be so much more of this.
15. Blue heeler doesn’t so much want to heard the sheep as play with them. (video)
16. Audre Lorde’s ABC’s of Fighting Facism.
17. Students Who Lived Through Florida Shooting Turn Rage Into Activism.