So glad to be partnering with Yoganonymous to share this list with a larger audience.
1. Staying on Mission from Chookooloonks, a really great post about why and how you write a mission statement.
2. On the precipice from Rita’s Notebook. Rita’s honesty about the difficulty of being a writer, a mother, a human, is always so comforting to me, and that’s no different with this post.
3. A Mini-Guide to Not Being Frustrated All the Time from Zen Habits. I love how Leo is able to distill the most complicated practices into a set of easy to understand and follow steps. In related news, How to Handle the Difficult Times.
4. Separating “Health” and “Weight” for Binge-Eating Recovery from Isabel Foxen Duke. Such an important post. It distills something I’ve been trying to figure out how to say into a simple, short post.
5. Truthbomb from Danielle LaPorte, “So much is because of you.” Think about it, let this one really sink in.
6. I Recorded the Racist Things People Did to Me For 2 Weeks – And Here’s the Result. *sigh*
7. Fancy Juice Doesn’t Cleanse the Body of Toxins. TL;DR: “Misconception: Juice cleansing can remove toxins from your system. Actually: To say that drinking juice detoxifies the body isn’t quite the same as claiming leeches suck out poisons, but it’s fairly close.”
8. Good Things To Read (And Watch) In Remembrance Of Prince. It’s just so sad… Two that was left off the list, Watch how “Hamilton” and “The Color Purple” honored Prince last night and try not to cry, and Prince’s First Television Appearance on NBC’s Midnight Special, (that outfit!), and Prince’s Hair Styles From 1978 To 2013.
9. 10 Great Reasons NOT to Copy Cesar Millan. When the research doesn’t support something, we need to stop doing it, and if this is your profession (dog training), you MUST stay current with the research. When we know better, we have to do better.
10. Loving Yourself some great tips from Sarah K Peck.
11. The most important thing I have ever written from Coach Taylor Simon. It’s also one of the most important things I’ve ever read.
12. Little Girl Gives Her Hero Garbage Man A Cupcake, Melts All Our Hearts. “All of 3-year-old Brooklyn’s dreams came true when she met Delvar Dopson on her birthday.” Best garbage man, e v e r.
13. Security FORCES Gay Female Out Of Bathroom, a heartbreaking video. Dear humans, stop being so dumb.
14. This rescued bear couldn’t be any happier splashing around in his new home. So sweet, so sad.
15. The Limitless Living Course from the amazing Caroline Leon. FREE. “Each week for eight weeks you’ll receive an email from me giving you access to that week’s lesson, each lesson contains an outline of a principle, resources to deepen your understanding and actions to take that will help you to progress towards a life without limits and a life that you love.”
16. 14 Perfect Responses To People Who Want Harriet Tubman To Smile. “Apparently women can’t ever escape commentary on their facial expressions — even when they’ve been dead for more than a century.”
17. Hayao Miyazaki on the female protagonists in his movies. If you haven’t seen any of his movies yet, please go, find one, watch it, and you can thank me later.
18. My year on Match.com from Anne Lamott. “I’d done so many scary things in my life, but this might be the scariest. At the age of 58, I joined a dating site.”
19. There’s almost nothing better than a donkey in a hammock.
20. How to Make Aprons From Shirts. I love aprons, even though I hardly ever wear them, and this projects looks like something even I could do.
21. Michelle Bridges Can … Meet Me and We Don’t Have To Earn Body Love from Dances with Fat. I’m just gonna say it: Ragen Chastain is one of the most brilliant people and she’s posting some of the most important things.
22. The Thing Is, a beautiful poem by Ellen Bass shared on A Design So Vast.
23. It’s amazing I ever get anything done. This is my exact relationship with The Internet. Luckily, because of me (and The Internet), you get this great list of stuff every week.
24. Be the lighthouse, encouragement from Alexandra Franzen. “If you want to be ‘successful,’ ‘respected,’ ‘sought-after,’ insert-desirable-quality-here… Operate like the world is already listening…Sooner or later, the people who need what you’re writing, saying, baking, making, or delivering will arrive – gathering to bask in your light.” And as someone who has spent a lot of time basking in her particular light, I loved this post from Alexandra, A chronology of my life as a professional writer.
25. 6 Insanely Popular Ways to Waste a Life from Marc and Angel Hack Life. Guilty as charged.
26. Lessons From 40: Four Decades Of Dumb Stuff I Learned from Chuck Wendig on Terrible Minds. He really is one of the smartest funniest dirtiest writers, so this list is worth a read.
27. Slow and steady keeps me sane, wisdom from Jamie Greenwood. I absolutely love what she has to say about opting out.
28. Recipes I want to try: Caramelized Brown Sugar Cinnamon Grilled Pineapple and Broccoli Apple Salad.
29. How to be an Overnight Success (in Just Eight Short Years) from the amazing Amy McCracken. I am totally voting for her project, and you should too!