So glad to be partnering with Yoganonymous to share this list with a larger audience.
1. Homeless Dog Found In Garbage Becomes A Lion He Deserves To Be. I love these pictures so much. He looks silly and regal all at the same time.
2. Writers: When In Doubt, WWYL. As always, great advice from Terrible Minds.
3. A new museum offers a rebuke — and an antidote — to our sanitized history of slavery from Smithsonian.com. I really want to go to this museum some day. “You have to go inside. When you walk in that space, you can’t deny what happened to these people. You can feel it, touch it, smell it.”
4. A call to action: your fat friend is going it alone. This is an issue that matters so much to me. “Please, dear friend, do something now. Say something to affirm a fat person. Post something on facebook. Break the isolation. Go out on a limb. Feel the way it sways and cracks beneath you. Remember that some of us feel that unsettling sway every day.”
5. Down with Diet Books. “Diet books are full of lies. But they’re even worse when doctors write them.”
6. Man escorted from easyJet flight after passenger said she did not feel safe. Ragen Chastain posted a link to this with the best caption, “Fuck this bullshit. If you have a problem flying with people because of your racism, YOU get off the plane.” Word.
7. The Fashion Industry’s Warped Perspective of Plus-Size Women. This was posted in the student run newspaper at the university where I work, and it made me so happy to see it there.
8. The Voyeur’s Motel from the New Yorker. “Gerald Foos bought a motel in order to watch his guests having sex. He saw a lot more than that.” So fascinating. So creepy.
9. In Bloom, a great free offering from one of my favorite teachers, Adreanna Limbach. “14 Days of Meditation devoted to dropping our defenses and opening up our senses. hearts. and minds. Farewell, Hibernation. Welcome to IN BLOOM.” Begins April 22.
10. Good stuff from Jena Schwartz, All of This and We Encourage You to Submit Your Ego Again.
11. The Protagonist from Rachel Cole, such an important reminder — “You are not the bad guy in the story of your life. You have always always always been trying to survive.” In related news, Career Hungers Conversation and Q&A, a really great free offering from Rachel and Laura Simms, who are putting together a program to support you in your pursuit of more fulfilling work. Even if you can’t make the live call on April 20, I strongly recommend signing up to get the recording. These women are individually amazing, but together they combine into a super nova.
12. Miniature Treehouse Sculptures Built Around Houseplants by Jedediah Voltz. Super cute.
13. Follow Us Home Campaign from Animal House Rescue & Grooming. This is where we got our Sam, and many friends have also found their furry friends there. Right now, they are just down the road from us, but this new facility would allow them to do so much more good work.
14. Skipping Lorikeet: The Rain Dance Parrot. He is so adorable.
15. Burglar Breaks Into Fast Food Restaurant, Surprises Police With What He Does Inside. *Spoiler alert* he made himself a burger. I totally understand this kind of hungry.
16. The Best of Carpool Karaoke with James Corden. With a few exceptions, James Corden is my favorite part of this series. There’s just something about people in a car singing along to the radio that makes me so happy and bonus: these people sound good.
17. Recipes I want to try: Roasted Brussels Sprouts With Garlic, and Homemade Pop Tarts.
18. 25+ Smiling Animals That Will Instantly Make You Smile. Try it. I dare you.
19. Accomplishments, a hilarious cartoon from Sarah Andersen. Funny because it’s so true. Check out the rest of her stuff, she’s amazing.
20. Good Omens, Cheap Seats, and the Memorial from Neil Gaiman. He writes so brilliantly about grief. This is one of my favorite posts ever from him on the subject, The Power of the Dog. Cabal (2003-2013).
21. Heart and Brain cartoons from The Awkward Yeti, so good! For example this one, (which got me through my work day Friday),
22. 12 insanely CUTE baby animals that fit right in the palm of your hand, one of the best photosets ever on Facebook.
23. This Facebook post that quickly went viral. My favorite part was this, “Let’s start a movement peeps, let’s end predatory marketing practices that sell self-loathing to women from cradle to grave. Women have more important things to do in 2016 than spend a single other minute worried about our wrinkles or the acceptability of our thighs.” Amen.
24. Five ways coffee makes you live longer and happier—yay coffee! I don’t drink coffee anymore but my husband does, so he’s always sending me these kind of links.
25. Do something cool, great advice from Alexandra Franzen.
26. It’s True: Body Positivity Isn’t An Excuse To Be Unhealthy from Dances with Fat. “Health is not an obligation, barometer of worthiness, entirely within our control, or guaranteed under any circumstances.” I’m so glad that Ragen does what she does, writing the things I want to say so that all I have to do is share the link.
27. Octopus slips out of aquarium tank, crawls across floor, escapes down pipe to ocean. This story blows my mind.