1. Snow day. We hardly ever get these at CSU, so to have TWO in one season is just so weird. We got a foot of fluffy, wet snow, (which is almost all gone already). Denver was under a blizzard warning and at one point both I-25 and the airport were closed. This was the worst part of the snow day: Eric was supposed to be flying home from Chicago, and instead got stuck there for an extra two days — but he comes home today!
2. Root Beer. I actually bought this for Eric, but I drank all of it while he was gone. It was so good.
3. Found money. On our walk, on a day when I’d taken myself to breakfast and this just covered it.
4. Fresh flowers. It’s tulip and daffodil season now. I really like having some in our new bathroom, (which I’m still loving).
5. Walking with the dogs. With Eric gone, I’ve been in charge of all the dog walking. Since he left on Saturday morning, I’ve walked almost 40 miles. It feels so good to be out there again. We saw an owl one morning, and the same day there were seven tennis balls at the little dog park.
Bonus joy: A “Superior” ranking on my annual evaluation for the sixth year in a row, being healthy and strong enough to be able to walk the dogs AND shovel all the snow, coconut oil chocolate covered almonds from Trader Joe’s, good TV, a good book, sleeping in the middle of the bed, Wild Writing.