All the courage you need can be found in the muscle known as the heart. ~The Wild Unknown Tarot Deck, Strength
1. Teaching yoga. I taught my second “real” class this morning. I don’t get nearly as nervous as I used to get when I first started teaching writing at CSU. The difference tells me a lot about how I’ve changed. I’m more comfortable in my body and with who I am and what I know, more confident in the way Susan Piver defines it, “the willingness to be as ridiculous, luminous, intelligent, and kind as you really are, without embarrassment.”
2. Good friends, who make me feel safe and comfortable, who encourage and inspire me, but challenge me too. And who, most importantly, make me laugh.
3. Puppies, sweet tiny cute little bundles of fur and teeth that aren’t my responsibility.
4. Practicing yoga on my back patio, under the blue sky, surrounded by trees and the sound of recess at the elementary school just around the corner, with Ringo and Sam “helping.”
5. Fall in Colorado, crisp and clear and oh so pretty.
Bonus Joy: A new season of TV that makes me laugh, (The Mindy Project, Modern Family, and New Girl).