2. Still being on vacation. One of the best things I ever did for myself is to renegotiate my position to a nine month contract. It cost me financially, but there’s no way to put a price on my sanity.
3. Vintage pillowcases, bees and bamboo, feather pillows and clean sheets.
4. A surprise marionberry pie. I thought I’d eaten my last piece, that all the berries where gone, and then Eric made another. It was like some kind of magic. Pie magic.
5. Ringo and Sam playing in the sprinkler. What do you do with two herding dogs when it’s almost too hot to play? Turn on the water.
5. Finally getting to sit down with the first issue of Mabel Magazine. I am still utterly amazed that this exists, gobsmacked that I got to be part of something so beautiful, so grateful to be in the company of so many amazing women.
Bonus Joy: My new mala, white sandalwood, which I’ve been wearing on my wrist to remind me that practice doesn’t just happen on the mat, on the cushion, on the page, or on the leash — practice is life.