1. Opening The Creative Channel workshop, led by Andrea Scher and Laurie Wagner, both fiercely compassionate, and attended by the most amazing group of women, honest and funny and creative. We made the wildest, most wonderful mess together.
2. Paid sick days, being able to sleep in and rest.
3. Eric, the pictures he sends me when he and Sam are out hiking, and how after reading my blog post about our anniversary, he brought me home a Twix candy bar.
4. A sweet potato and black bean quesadilla from Whole Foods, apparently only the Whole Foods in Berkeley because I went yesterday to look at ours and nothing. Good thing I wrote down what was in it, can try to make it for myself, because it was one of the best things ever.
5. Good soap. It really is the little things that matter.
Bonus Joy: Sam, the best sick day buddy ever, except when he’s stealing my spot on the couch.