1. Morning walks. Not too many pictures this week. Since we can’t go by the river because of the mosquitoes we’ve been walking to City Park and around the lake, but most of our walk is through neighborhoods, which are pretty to be sure but not necessarily something to take pictures of to share.
2. Peonies! I am going to miss most of them, but have been able to see and smell a few of them open.
3. Our garden. There are so many blooms this year. Eric is busy putting down the load of cedar mulch that got delivered on Tuesday and it smells so good!
4. The chance to visit family and see the ocean again. It’s been too long.
5. My tiny family, my tiny house, my tiny life. Ringo got to see three of his favorite people in the world besides myself and Eric yesterday, and I finally mended all his toys. He was one happy dog, except when I told him that my new crocheted mini Ringo wasn’t a dog toy — he really really really wanted to play with it. Eric went to a D&D event last weekend and he was pretty cute in his costume.
Bonus joy: Running into Chloe’ and Franny yesterday and getting to hug and pet them and hang out for a bit, writing and hanging out with Calyx knowing I get to see them in two weeks and hang out for four days in person, potato salad, strawberries from our garden, looking forward to three whole weeks off social media, breakfast burritos, onion buns, clean sheets, our whole house fan, a/c, vaccines, good TV, podcasts, naps, reading in bed at night while Eric and Ringo sleep.
Thank you for your faithfulness in posting! I will miss your online presence while you are gone. But I wish you every good thing during your “sabbatical”. I look forward to hearing about your experience when you return!
Thank you, Carla ❤