1. New Music: Sarah Bareilles Amidst the Chaos. There’s a song on it, “No Such Thing,” that is breaking my heart because it’s so true, about loving someone and losing them, about grief and the way it doesn’t really ever go away, but neither does the love. I have listened to this at least 30 times this morning.
2. #The100DayProject. I love this, and someday when I have more time, I plan on trying it out. “#The100DayProject is a free art project that takes place online. Every spring, thousands of people all around the world commit to 100 days of exploring their creativity. Anyone can join (yes, that means you!). The idea is simple: choose a project, do it every day for 100 days, and share your process on Instagram with the hashtag #The100DayProject.”
3. When you see your hero’s fat phobic blind-spots. “Like so many of us in the early, vulnerable stages of recovery and intuitive eating, it matters so much what we read and who we listen to.”
6. Goals are weird, Paul Jarvis’s latest newsletter. Because this,
People that don’t have big goals are thought of as a not being very driven. It’s thought of as a bad thing, in life and in business. But why? Why, if a lot of goals past our human needs, are completely artificial and made up for the sake of setting something to run towards?
I think goals are weird because I don’t want or need them. Of course I want to cover my bases and live comfortably, but past that? I don’t need to 10X anything. I don’t want the stress, anxiety, or responsibility of having to work towards something monumental like that. I don’t need to crush my competition because they’re friends of mine.
There’s enough for everyone if no one person sets goals to take more than their share. Which doesn’t seem weird at all.
9. Oglala Sioux Tribal President’s Call for Flood Relief Needs. Help if you can, please.
10. They Push. They Protest. And Many Activists, Privately, Suffer as a Result. on The New York Times.
14. A newspaper that only reports happy stories. (video). I need a subscription to this!
15. What if All I Want is a Mediocre Life? I probably shared this when it was first published, but it’s making the rounds again, and it’s still true.
16. Here are extraordinary fruits from around the world. (video)
17. His Blog Explored Notions of Black Masculinity. His Memoir Explodes Them. on The New York Times. In related news, Damon Young of Very Smart Brothas worries about everything. A lot.
19. National Poetry Month: Favorite Poems and Poets, because sometimes I get to do good stuff at work.
23. How Museums and Historical Spaces Disrespect Native American History. “In this op-ed, LGBTQ and Native American activist Somáh Haaland explains the importance of accurate and respectful Native American representation in historical spaces.”
25. I am not always very attached to being alive. “Chronic, passive suicidal ideation is like living in the ocean. Let’s start talking about how to tread water.”
26. ‘Frankly, I feel white men have done a lot for this country.’ (video) “This lawmaker thanked white men for their work before voting against a resolution condemning the gender wage gap.” So gross.
27. This baby Asian elephant was born at Pairi Daiza zoo in Belgium on Tuesday. (video) “A zookeeper says there are only about 38,000 Asian elephants left in the world – making each birth very important to help the species survive.”