Andrea Scher, Be More with Less, Brain Pickings, Brene' Brown, Christina Rosalie, Courtney Carver, Cute Animals, Depression, Dog, Hugh MacLeod, Jennifer Louden, Judy Clement Wall, Julie Daley, Kickstarter, Kind Over Matter, Make Me Joyful, Meditation, Pema Chödrön, Quote, Rachel W. Cole, Sas Petherick, Simplicity, Something Good, SoulPancake, Susan Piver, Thich Nhat Hahn, Unabashedly Female, Writing Advice
1. Life in Five Seconds: Minimalist Pictogram Summaries of Pop Culture and Historical Events on Brain Pickings. (I think the Michael Jackson one might be a bit harsh, but the rest are pretty cool).
2. Savor on Just Lara. Some day I will learn how to do this.
3. This quote from Thich Nhat Hahn:
To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself. When you are born a lotus flower, be a beautiful lotus flower, don’t try to be a magnolia flower. If you crave acceptance and recognition and try to change yourself to fit what other people want you to be, you will suffer all your life. True happiness and true power lie in understanding yourself, accepting yourself, having confidence in yourself.
4. 20 Ways Toddlers are Like Drunk People and How Having Children is Like Living in a Frat House. So funny, because it’s true.
5. An Apology to End All Apologies from Julie Daley on Unabashedly Female.
6. The Beauty of Losing from Jennifer Louden.
7. The Pace, The Process and The Promise from Sas Petherick.
9. This quote from Hugh MacLeod, “If you’re unhappy, nine times out of ten it’s because you’re clinging onto something. Nine times out of ten, happiness and letting go are synonymous.”
10. This quote from Ernest Hemingway, “All you have to do is write one true sentence. Write the truest sentence that you know.”
11. How to Slow Down: A Simple Guide to Slow Living from Cigdem Kobu.
12. On Turning 35 from Christina Rosalie. “This, this is my beautiful, reckless, heartbreaking, perfect life.”
13. “In truth, there is enormous space in which to live our everyday lives.” ~Pema Chödron
14. 20 Great Writers on the Art of Revision on Flavorwire.
15. You are Beautiful Book Kickstarter Project. You know I pledged.
16. A new website, Make Me Joyful. Yes, please.
17. Goodbye Mom. A beautiful tribute to his mother, and a message for all of us.
19. A Good Life from Judy Clement Wall, and a really good question.
20. This quote:
Meditation is not something that you do. Meditation is a movement into the whole question of our living: how we live, how we behave, whether we have fears, anxieties, sorrows; whether we are everlastingly pursuing pleasure; and whether we have built images about ourselves and about others. ~J. Krishnamurti
22. This quote:
Peace requires us to surrender our illusions of control. We can love and care for others but we cannot possess our children, lovers, family, or friends. We can assist them, pray for them, and wish them well, yet in the end their happiness and suffering depend on their thoughts and actions, not on our wishes. ~Jack Kornfield
23. Meet this transient world with neither grasping nor fear, trust the unfolding of life, and you will attain true serenity. ~Bhagavad Gita
24. Kindness is the Cure for Depression from Gennifer Carragher on Kind Over Matter. (P.S. I am compelled to add, however, that if your depression doesn’t get better with this method, is more than mild, please ask for help).
25. The Truth About Simplicity on Be More With Less by Courtney Carver.
26. Rachel Cole’s Pooches Pintrest board. Oh, the cuteness!
27. Tickets are now on sale for Rachel’s 2013 Well-Fed Woman Retreatshop Tour. Now I just have to decide which one to go to…
28. A few of these things came originally from some other really good lists you should read, if you like this sort of thing:
- Susannah Conway’s Something for the Weekend
- Hannah Marcotti’s Beautiful Face. Magical Places.
- Positively Present Picks
- Happy Links from Rowdy Kittens
29. Wide Awake: The Path of Meditation, a webinar with Susan Piver, an introduction to the basics of meditation practice.
30. And finally, quite possibly the cutest thing all week: A Pep Talk from Kid President to You.