This post started as a mashup of The Little Bliss List and Joy Jam, and as such is meant to celebrate: the little things that brought me hope and happiness this week, the sweet stuff of life, those small gifts that brought me joy this week. By sharing them, I not only make public my gratitude, but maybe also help you notice your own good stuff and send some positive energy out into the world.
1. Avocados. Yes, again. Seriously, I might have a problem, might turn into an avocado if I don’t stop it. This recipe for a Smashed Chickpea & Avocado Salad Sandwich from Two Peas and Their Pod is the next thing I’m going to try.
2. Spring Break. Today is the final day, and it’s been soooo busy, never is the week of nothing but space and time and rest that I imagine, but it was nice to have a little break.
3. Dexter’s Physical Therapy. Dr. Lindsey Habermann has two cattle dog mixes of her own, and has been taking such good care of Dexter, along with Sharon, and everyone else who’s helped along the way, (seriously, he loves going). He’s doing so much better and I’m so grateful.
4. Getting to walk dogs with Eric in the morning. Or getting to sleep in and having him walk the dogs for me. Either way, I’m grateful.
5. Good people. I am surrounded by them. Loving, funny, wicked smart, generous, creative people. They buy me salted caramel lattes, make me laugh, cheer me up and inspire me.
Bonus Joy: Another week with Dexter. He did have another bloody nose this week, but has been in a much better mood (the one way I could tell when his leg was bothering him was he wasn’t his usual cheerful self) and he even slept in bed with us all last night, (I miss that).