Alexandra Franzen, Allison Mae Photography, Andrea Scher, Beach House Radio, Christina Rosalie, Creativity, Curvy Yoga, Dog, Dr. Seuss, Elephant Journal, Equality, Geneen Roth, Gluten Free Girl, Grief, Guinevere Gets Sober, Jamie Ridler, Jeff Oaks, Jenna Marble, Jennifer Louden, Jimmy Carter, Loss, Love, Marc and Angel Hack Life, Music, Owning Pink, Pinterest, Positively Present Blog, Rachel W. Cole, Reading, Recipe, Rowdy Kittens, Sas Petherick, SF Girl by Bay, Something Good, Superhero Life, Susannah Conway, Tama J. Kieves, Teaching, Video, Voice, Writing Prompts
1. A post about how to find your unique blogging voice.
2. Three lovely posts from the even lovelier Christina Rosalie, Creative habits: glimpses from around here lately, Let the choices you make today be the ones that make you glad, and Resistance to change, creative habits, and Sprout is growing up.
3. Creative Living with Jamie: Sas Petherick. Two of my favorite women having a conversation.
4. Stop Hiding & Start Teaching – NOW! Jen Louden on Owning Pink.
5. Brussel Sprout Salad with Sour Cherries & Pine Nuts, I’m going to try it, but with dried unsweetened cranberries.
6. Can You Accept Your Body & Want to Lose Weight? from Anna at Curvy Yoga. In the video, she suggests a really powerful practice, a good way to answer your own questions.
7. Beach House Radio, specifically the Chill station. It’s what we listened to all month this past summer when we were in Waldport, Oregon. I’ve been listening to it at work lately, and missing the beach so much.
8. What it really means to “acknowledge” someone — and how to do it, with style & class. from Alexandra Franzen.
10. The crime of outshining on Superhero Life, in which Andrea Scher says “The more I shine, the more others shine in my presence.”
11. 10 Journal Inquiries for Well-Fed Living from Rachel Cole.
12. Wisdom from Geneen Roth,
One of the most difficult parts of changing how you live and how you eat is believing that change is possible. We all say we believe that, but many of us, deep down in our hearts believe that it’s possible for other people, but not for us. That other people can do it, that the glowy warm life we imagine is for other people not for us. We have an unconscious belief that we can’t do it, it’s hopeless, and so, on some level, we stop making an effort. We lapse into the way it always was or is. But change really is possible. And it really does take a fierce kind of longing, and a fierce kind of love for yourself. For the life you know is possible. Ask yourself what you love most of all. Do you love your life? And are you willing to take action on your own behalf?
This is exactly what I’m working on, “a fierce kind of longing, and a fierce kind of love for yourself,” for the life I know is possible.
13. Edit Your Wardrobe on Rowdy Kittens. I really want to do this.
14. Wisdom from Tama J. Kieves
I want you to take back your time. You have meaningful things to do here. You do not have time to spend with those who drain or disrespect you. You do not have time to avoid yourself. This is your life. Love yourself enough to claim your own time.
15. Upcycled Magazine Pages board on Pinterest, (which I accidentally signed up for today).
16. Draw My Life from Jenna Marble. She has made me cry before, but from laughter. This video got me in the heart.
17. This, always this,
We are all a little weird
and life’s a little weird,
and when we find someone
whose weirdness is compatible with ours,
we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness
and call it
~ Dr. Seuss
18. Losing my religion for equality by Jimmy Carter.
19. Yes: near the end, by Jeff Oaks. This is heartbreaking, and beautiful. “In the face of loss you must still say yes.”
20. Allison Mae Photography has done it again. This time she almost killed me with pictures of the muy guapo Kelso. I want to have her take pictures of my dogs, but I don’t know if I’ll be able to handle it. She might be too good.
21. Blowing Up Midtown from Guinevere Gets Sober.
22. 10 Things You Think About Too Often from Marc and Angel Hack Life.
23. Shared by Susannah on her Something for the Weekend list: toasted oak ice cream with smoked sea salt & lapsang souchong caramel swirl, (*drool*), 52 Lists A New Prompt Every Week for 2013, (looks fun), Victoria Smith of SFGirlbyBay on The Every Girl, (love SF Girl by Bay), and The Joy That Awaits Her, (a beautiful post that makes me want to drop everything and curl up with a good book).
24. Shared by Positively Present: Hendrick Boards, (every single purchase helps save dogs, and they have some super cute tshirts, I want the “I am a rescue” one), and 42 Small Acts of Kindness that Will Make You an Everyday Hero (because it never hurts to have even more ideas about how to be kind).