1. 40 Things To Say Before You Die, which I first read about on Judy Clement Wall’s blog Zebra Sounds. Everything I share on my something good list is here because it’s, well, something good, but this is one of the best. I seriously am going to write these out on index cards and start carrying them around with me, and when I don’t know what to say, I’m going to flip through them until I find the right one, or pick a random one and trust the magic.
3. A Woman of Wholeness from Jennifer Louden. I especially love the opening lines:
Somewhere there is a room
made of bee’s wax and heart honey
and the sound that is left after the meditation gong has gone still
In it sits the woman you actually are
4. This quote from Herman Hesse, so comforting and wise:
You know quite well, deep within you, that there is only a single magic, a single power, a single salvation, and a single happiness and that is called loving. Well, then, love your suffering. Do not resist it, do not flee from it … It is your aversion that hurts, nothing else.
5. This quote from Parker J. Palmer: “I will always have fear, but I need not be my fears, for I have other places in my inner landscape from which to speak and act.”
6. Transformation Talk with Erica Staab + book giveaway. If you’ve been reading these lists for long, you know how much I love blogger Erica Staab. This video was the first time I got to see her “in person,” to hear her wisdom, her story in her own voice. Loved it.
7. Vulnerability, Daring Greatly and Stretching by Erica Staab. Another reason to love her.
8. I’m in Here, Can Anybody See Me? by Amy Ippoliti on Elephant Journal. Simple, short, and so true.
9. I preordered a copy of Marisa Anne’s new book, Creative Thursday – Everyday Inspiration to Grow Your Creative Practice.
Living is a form of not being sure,
not knowing what next or how.
The moment you know how
you begin to die a little.
The artist never entirely knows.
We may be wrong,
but we take leap after leap
in the dark.
~ Agnes de Mille ~
11. You’re going to hurt someone by Danielle LaPorte.
12. 10 Sheds/Cabins- Would You Live In These? on Relax Shacks. I might not live in them, but I sure want to play in them.
13. This, from my Inner Pilot Light (by way of the Daily Flame), made me cry.
You can’t see it now, but just around the corner of what’s hurting you now is what will arise to meet you and help you make room for what is next. In order to enjoy the blessing of this precious gift, you must endure the hurt you feel right now. Please, my dear, trust the journey. Wait ’til you see what I see in your future…
14. This quote, from John Irving: If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it.
15. You Have Permission (Right NOW!) from Leonie, complete with a free podcast reading.
16. From The Jump, a poem by Maya Stein on bentlily.
The language for courage is so stripped of words, a lump
of a secret only the heart knows the translation to. And yet, unsure
as we are, we recognize the call from down below, and find the edge and leap
even when we don’t. Once we wake up, we can never fall asleep.
17. Who Gave You Permission? a poem by Marianne Elliott, also on bentlily.