It’s Monday, that must mean something good.
- My current favorite hat. It was hand knit in Nepal, wool that is lined with black fleece, and it has most of my favorite colors. It’s one of the most awesome hats, ever.
- Banana nut muffins, made by my boy. And yes, they are as good as they look.
- Jennifer Louden’s work around self-care, her books, her blog, her “Savor & Serve” newsletter. I am learning so much from her.
- This quote: “It doesn’t matter how long we may have been stuck in a sense of our limitations. If we go into a darkened room and turn on the light, it doesn’t matter if the room has been dark for a day, a week, or ten thousand years — we turn on the light and it is illuminated. Once we control our capacity for love and happiness, the light has been turned on.” ~Sharon Salzberg Thank goodness! And thanks to Kind Over Matter for posting it.
- This post, from Tiny Buddha. “It’s OK to Say No,” which says “Happiness is a choice, but it’s made up of lots of smaller choices we need to make based on what we actually want.”
- Blogger Susanna Conway shared this link in her this week’s “Something for the Weekend.” It’s a website “All About Eve,” a blog where Eve’s mom (an amazing photographer) posts pictures of her. Eve has an amazing sense of fashion, and of herself. I don’t even care about fashion (obviously), but I see this girl, so brave and true, and I want to be more like her, and hope, hope, hope, wish and pray that she never loses that. She clearly wakes up full of awesome. Just look at her!
- “It’s Time to Redefine Your Life!,” a new blog post from Mastin Kipp of The Daily Love. In this post, he says: “If you want to live your dreams, if you want to grow and Love and experience life to the fullest, then it’s VITAL that you begin to tell a new and empowering story. Think your own thoughts and CONSCIOUSLY surround yourself with people who support, approve of and LOVE your empowerment. And then give the same thing to the people in your Life. We tend to bond over pain and don’t like it when other’s rise. Let’s change that. Let’s bond over our Love; let’s celebrate each other’s successes and choose to be in partnerships and relationships that build us up instead of keeping us down.” I am in! What about you?
- “Darling, We Went for It,” a post by Tara Mohr. “Whenever…I say, ‘I was being more loyal to my fears than to my dreams,’ people perk up. They interrupt me and repeat the phrase, turning over each word. Or they write it down. Or they gasp and drop their pens. There’s some kind of ‘oh sh*t’ moment.” I read this post this morning, and had my very own “oh sh*t moment.” Towards the end, she says “We make the move to have a shot at joy. We make the move because our souls ask us to. We make the move because it is too painful not to.” AMEN!
- And finally, my stand up desk. Be More With Less posted “Stand Up For Your Health: mini-mission” today and reinforced why I made the change.
- Okay, it’s your turn: tell me something good.